Cannon BMW, Chelmsford

steve1074

Has anyone any experiences of Cannon (good or bad)? I received a very prompt and polite reply to an email I sent them but would rather hear your views and experiences?

MY alterntaive dealer would be Prestige at Bexleyheath and although its a little further (and over the other side of the ater) I have read positive things about them!!

Ta' All.

steve1074 said:
Has anyone any experiences of Cannon (good or bad)? I received a very prompt and polite reply to an email I sent them but would rather hear your views and experiences?

MY alterntaive dealer would be Prestige at Bexleyheath and although its a little further (and over the other side of the ater) I have read positive things about them!!

Ta' All.
No experience of Cannon but a fair bit from Prestige, if you can avoid one of Stuart's (Dealer Principal) 'bad days' the rest of the boys down there are fine to deal with and Steve will always make you a nice cuppa when you arrive. Guy in parts, no not the guy in parts but Guy, the parts man is a walking encyclopedia. But generally if they've got a bike to sell they'll cut a deal with you, not necessarily with an attractive trade-in price though.

Trouble is like you say Kent is a long way from the Bermuda Triangle of Essex and past history suggets you'll probably not make it out :rolleyes: ;)

Hi Steve,

I've bought both my GS's from them and have always found them most helpful and willing when buying. They also service and do my crash repairs (!) and in the main I've never had any major issues with the work either.

However I've never been anywhere else so my opinion is definately from a limited background. That said I'm sure you could do a lot worse.

Fatbloke.

I had the same experience with Cannon. They replied promptly to emails and gave prices when I was looking for a topbox.. and then followed up asking if I had decided whether to go BMW or Givi. Prestige replied two weeks later.

When I was looking at BMW's site for approved used bikes, I saw a couple I liked. I then filled in the forms and emailed a selection of dealers in the South East - Cannon, Vines and SPC replied, Prestige f.a. Park Lane f.a.

It's all about perception. Perhaps face to face they are okay, but I don't want to ride a 110 mile round trip to find what I want isn't stocked or our of stock at that time.... and I can't always phone out for private use from work...... so email is cool.

I have bought 4 bikes off them over the years and had all my servicing done by them.

Always found them to be helpful, knowledgeable and fair.

Not sure how many other BMW dealers are still family run, but Bill & Ronnie have managed to keep a friendly, competent feel to the business.

I used them for my First Service after I was let down by Park Lane / West. The staff seemed courteous and knowledgeable; they did what they said they would do and their rates seem reasonable.

I also got the use of a mint R850R as a loaner for the day.

So I'd say it's a case of so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom