July & August gatherings

PW Cymru

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Due to holidays and other commitments I'm away for bits of July and August so won't be able to attend the monthly gatherings. The next gathering I will be posting is for September at the Abercrave inn.

However if anbody wants to organise a get together in my absense please feel free to do so.

Last night at the Boat inn saw about 15 in all and the food was great, especially the deserts. I think Vern eat 2.

Have a good one

PW Cymru said:
Due to holidays and other commitments I'm away for bits of July and August so won't be able to attend the monthly gatherings. The next gathering I will be posting is for September at the Abercrave inn.

However if anbody wants to organise a get together in my absense please feel free to do so.

Last night at the Boat inn saw about 15 in all and the food was great, especially the deserts. I think Vern eat 2.

Have a good one

Have a nice Holliobobs Paul :thumb

My first time at the Boat last night,fantastic venue and superb food, a good turnout too-good to see faces old and new,it's good to alternate the venue but the distance may be off putting for some in the South & West of Wales,it was 150 mile round trip for me ,so it's a definate no-no for those in Carmarthenshire and all points West.
I'd like to see next month's meeting back at the Abercrave,any objections to having a get together on the 2nd Thursday of July the 13th?

Had a Great drive (yes-drive not ride ) home last night,trying to keep pace with a couple of 1200's all the way down to Cardiff,the roads were empty but jeeez were the bugs and the midges out in force last night-the car looks like it's been carpeted :D

[

Had a Great drive (yes-drive not ride ) home last night,trying to keep pace with a couple of 1200's all the way down to Cardiff,the roads were empty but jeeez were the bugs and the midges out in force last night-the car looks like it's been carpeted :D[/QUOTE]

Good ride home but by the time I hit Merthyr I had to slow down because of the bugs, could hardly see through my visor :eek:

2 wheel humvee said:
... I'd like to see next month's meeting back at the Abercrave,any objections to having a get together on the 2nd Thursday of July the 13th?
Don't know how everone else feels about this, but if the weather is good, would a Barbeque be a good idea?

Its mid June already and I'm suffering from BBQ deprivation. I could always have one out in the car park on my own I suppose. :D

2 wheel humvee said:
Have a nice Holliobobs Paul :thumb

My first time at the Boat last night,fantastic venue and superb food, a good turnout too-good to see faces old and new,it's good to alternate the venue but the distance may be off putting for some in the South & West of Wales,it was 150 mile round trip for me ,so it's a definate no-no for those in Carmarthenshire and all points West.
I'd like to see next month's meeting back at the Abercrave,any objections to having a get together on the 2nd Thursday of July the 13th?

Had a Great drive (yes-drive not ride ) home last night,trying to keep pace with a couple of 1200's all the way down to Cardiff,the roads were empty but jeeez were the bugs and the midges out in force last night-the car looks like it's been carpeted :D

13th July sounds good to me. Will you be riding up? If so, perhaps we can head over together???

Lovey said:
13th July sounds good to me. Will you be riding up? If so, perhaps we can head over together???

Hi guys I'm going to try to get to this one too.

Making a note in the diary right now.

Taff said:
Don't know how everone else feels about this, but if the weather is good, would a Barbeque be a good idea?

Its mid June already and I'm suffering from BBQ deprivation. I could always have one out in the car park on my own I suppose. :D

E.J. are you suggesting a BBQ at the pub or elsewhere?
Does the Abercrave have BBQ facilities? :confused:

I'm happy to make the date the 13th (I'll phone and give them fair warning) given that most people only spend an hour or 2 at the pub,do we have time for a BBQ?
Yes I will be riding over,on a 2 wheeled vehicle-with an engine-and a BMW badge on the Tank :thumb

2 wheel humvee said:
E.J. are you suggesting a BBQ at the pub or elsewhere? Does the Abercrave have BBQ facilities? :confused:
I was hoping that the Abercrave would have BBQ facilities, but there doesn't seem to be a demand for it. The boy and I are ok for the 13th - see you there. :thumb

So it was ewe following us in that car, I kept thinking it was an unmarked police person, so was taking it steady, Oh and the missus on the back didn't help any!!!! (which reminds me there is an unmarked Black 06 plate EVO 4 lurking about, so be careful)
Will hopefully make the 13 july, now, all I have to do is convince the missus its not our wedding aniv till the 14 July. :beerjug:

VAL. H. said:
Hi guys I'm going to try to get to this one too.

Making a note in the diary right now.

Hi I'm definately expecting to get to the Abercrave on thursday. see you there.

Val.

Unless the heavens open again, then I might change my mind. 120 miles in the rain? or sitting indoors whatching it through the window? :mmmm

thanks guys for last night,

thanks slimbo and val for trying to sort out the route i am going to ride

and val i think that the 6th of august for a run out would be ok

and jase is cool about me going accross country with you to the east midlands bash i think he is happier knowing i am not going alone

archaeo said:
thanks guys for last night,

thanks slimbo and val for trying to sort out the route i am going to ride

and val i think that the 6th of august for a run out would be ok

and jase is cool about me going accross country with you to the east midlands bash i think he is happier knowing i am not going alone

Great time last night as usual. It took me an hour 45 to get back 234ml round trip.

The 1200 head light is just rubbish in-it :confused: What is it about forsing the riders to go slow at night, by seemingly deliberatly fitting naff lights that are only any good if your going round left handers :spitfire

Maria I have the 4th in my diary and I'll be in tough with you soon.

Cheers all see you soon.

VAL. H. said:
Great time last night as usual. It took me an hour 45 to get back 234ml round trip.

The 1200 head light is just rubbish in-it :confused: What is it about forsing the riders to go slow at night, by seemingly deliberatly fitting naff lights that are only any good if your going round left handers :spitfire

Cheers all see you soon.

Cheers guys :beerjug:

Honour for "furthest travelled" (this year) goes to Val :thumb

VAL. H. said:

Cheers all see you soon.

i think the fourth is ok
:thumb

Just pick a date and stick to it.Cressage is on the 8th,so that's no good,how about the week after that :thumb

T'was an open question inviting preference and there is no area co-ordinator only a moderator.

So for all those interested it'll be at the Abercrave Inn, Abercrave on Thursday 10th of August.

See you all there.

Back
Top Bottom