Front forks adjustment with supermotard wheels

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While I'm finding the supermotard shod HP2 and absolute scream for my daily commute, the forks feel very soft and over reactive to dabs on the front brake. I'm sure part of this is my adjustment from the GS but I wondered if anyone had adjusted the front suspension to compensate for the road going wheels? I'd be interested in your thoughts or suggestions.

Jeremy

Jeremy said:
While I'm finding the supermotard shod HP2 and absolute scream for my daily commute, the forks feel very soft and over reactive to dabs on the front brake. I'm sure part of this is my adjustment from the GS but I wondered if anyone had adjusted the front suspension to compensate for the road going wheels? I'd be interested in your thoughts or suggestions.

Jeremy

10 clics in on the compression and 10 clics in on ???? the botton of the right fork worked fine for me at the racetrack.

----------------

Anders

Fork Adjustment

A couple of extra clicks on the compression damping was all I thought was needed.

Trial and error my friend - if it dives a bit too much, tighten it up a bit untill it feels a bit harsh then back off a tad - all very scientific this 'tad' and 'bit' !

Good luck!

Cheers, Rick.

ps I'm on my second set of forks - warranty replacement on the first due to top slider bearings giving up.

Suspension settings

Hello all.

I also have the SM wheels fitted and looking for some advice on the best settings front and rear. not sure about the std settings as my manual is in German and the bike was second hand, i'm about 90 kilos kitted up.

litelfun

sm hp2

Jeremy

im finding the same probs if your going to ride it hard [like you will] then i think some progressive fork springs are required wunderlich or touratech unless you know of a suspension guru [im ok with the rear shock though dunno what you think

what you need

is a set of wp ajustable fork tops. if you give redline racing a call and speek to tim he will be able to provide a set of new fork tops that are ajustable for prelaod, they cost around £78 but do help as they stiffen up the front nicely. tell tim what size they are and he will sort it out. they are a ktm dealer but the forks on the hp2 are just normal wp motocross items.:thumb

HP Forks

Syco,

The forks are Marozocci-made items and are smaller diam. than the WP units - 45mm legs as opposed to the 48mm WP legs, otherwise I would have done a swop asap! If there are WP caps that fit they must be off older KTM forks.

Wilbers do springs that are supposed to be much better. Heavier oil is also an option worth trying, the std is 5W I think.

Cheers, Rick.

someone was telling all about the oil and how a heavier oil would solve some if not all the problems...

Back
Top Bottom