Techlusion R259 Operational question...

Finbarr

I bought a Techlusion FI1032 from TTS at Silverstone yesterday and fitted it without drama...

Question is, how come this only connects to *one* of the injectors?

Surely this now means one cylinder is running correctly, and the other one is still lean?

Or am I missing something and they are in fact linked?

The performance increases are there, but they're subtle - much smoother and even throttle response (on standard settings) the bike does seem generally to be a little more "on its game".

There is one little hesitation just after 2000 rpm though, so I might start tweaking with the pots to cure this.

Any thoughts on the "one side only" injector thing?

Cheers,
Finbarr. 03 1150GS

bosch motronic injection is very simple !!!
both injectors are opend and closed at the same time, they are not sequential and the lead i assume moniters the dwell on the injector...
and adjusts the ecu as appropriatly?
this syastem is dependent on temperature. the colder the engine is the longer the injectors are open allowing more fuel into the engine .....(thinks! why do they have a choke on then??)..ah well the idea is the same ...
so after all that the system you are using only needs to monitor one injector....ah thats better ..
did you manage to follow??..:D :D :D :D

Hmmm, not sure I quite got the gist of that...

I had a look on the American site and couldn't find anything that addresses this issue either. They seem to be in "surge cure" mode over there.

If you have a control unit that pumps a signal out to the right and left injectors simultaneously (I'm not sure that the cylinders fire together here, so this seems unlikely anyway) how does a plug intercepting the signal and modifying it to right injector only modify the fueling (or dwell) to the left injector?

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I just don't get it! :confused:

Regards,
Finbarr.

the injectors dont directly inject into the cylinder only on the back of the inlet valves. so the both injectors can operate at the same time.
commonly known as wetback injection.
you only need to monitor one injector to know what the both are doing.
any info the magic box gets is then sent to both injectors...
ok now iv'e confused meself!!!
but thats the gist of it all

The mist is beginning to clear...

Okay, so when the ECU fires off the injection signal to the injectors, the TFI unit monitors the dwell through its connecton to the RH side injector, and as the ECU signal decays, the TFI unit picks up the slack and puts out an additional pulse or two, which through the parallel wiring goes to both injectors to effectively increase the fueling at both places!

Simple!

Thanks guys, it all makes sense now.

Kind regards,
Finbarr. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom