Remus Revolution & Al Jesse's

DavidHolmes

Reaction score
If anyone else out there has a remus revolution exhaust and a set of Al Jesse Odyssey panniers, I would be very interested to hear from them.

Might be, but you are fitting the genesis - so I suspect that might mean yours fits !!

If not however, I would be interested in any bodging to see if it is better than mine ;)

oh yes, are you retaining the cat or getting the y piece?

Had a Y-piece fitted since last summer. I'll post a pic when the can's fitted.

I'm assuming that the can is too wide to get the pannier on? Jesse do a spacer kit which allows aftermarket seats to be fitted - this moves the entire pannier rack out by a little allowing for more space for your exhaust. Of course this makes the whole affair wider....

Do you have a picture of the problem area?

Mike:)

Basically the angle of the can puts the very end into contact with the Pannier. One rivet on the end of the can went through the powdercoating and had a good go at the alu underneath. I have botched the remus with a dozen spacers and moved the pannier out as well. Then stuck some small rubber o rings on the pannier at the contact point. Cant say I am happy with any of this, 'tis all a bodge.

Only fitted the damn thing to lose the cat so we could go to Morocco, but that doesnt look like that is going to happen now anyway :(

I've just fitted a Remus revolution and to get clearance on my Al Jesses I had to fit the Thick Spacers (1/2") ones to the front pannier frame rail mount, 1/2" spacers plus washer at footpeg mount, and extra spacers at rear pannier frame mounts (mounted indicator bracket between pannier frame and rear bracket., along with an extra washer spacing the exhaust can out from the hanger. With all these extras I've got close to 5~10mm clearance at the end of the can.

PS my Jesses came with the Adventure (or wide seat) spacers which are extra if you just got the plain GS Jesse mounts.

Iain Mac

Back
Top Bottom