GS + 2 do Norway

tinwolf

Just returned from a trip to Norway, what a fabulouse place!!
It`s got to be done, 17 hours overnight from Newcastle to Kristiansand and you arrive at 9am and hit fantastic scenery from the word go.
Fjords, lakes, moutains, snow, glaciers, hairpins it`s got the lot and hairpins as well (there are a lot of hairpins). :D
Stay in hostels and you get a clean, dry bed and shower and breakfast for about £17.
I`ve got tons of photos and if you want to see somemore or ask about the route I took etc just pm me.
P.S. on the bad side 50mph limit (but you`re too busy looking around to care much). Beer is about £4.50 for 1/2 pint. Burger, chips and salad about £9.

Attachments

• 006 Road to Lysebotn small.jpg
    006 Road to Lysebotn small.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 021 Preikstolen hostel small.jpg
    021 Preikstolen hostel small.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 075 QE2 seen from top of trolls road small.jpg
    075 QE2 seen from top of trolls road small.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 206
Hi Tinwolf!

That cloud/fog in your picture; -do you know what that is?
It's smoke from the ship!
When I was there some years ago I had my lunch up at Ørnesvingen, and I saw there was a cloud hanging over the ship for a long time - there was no wind that day either. :)

I have heard tourists are saying it takes a lot more time to travel in Norway then you think; hairpins, ferries and places to see and photograph is why - not just the speed limit - as you mentioned.
If you ride faster you end up having a bath in a deep fjord! That's a ford for big boys, I guess! :p

Glad you liked it!
Welcome back!
:) Liv.

Attachments

• Geiranger med ''sky'' over båten.jpg
    Geiranger med ''sky'' over båten.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 275
:thumb Tinwolf. Was there last June you are right fantastic place. Hope to be back soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom