New boy on the block

Talltree

Thought I would drop in and say Hi.

I am the proud owner of an 06 GS1200 R in red .. the only colour to have in my opinion (tongue in cheek). The beast is now 2 months old.... and totally standard .. although I do have the high (900mm) seat option.

I am a returnee to biking after a number of years and am not ashamed to admit it .. am getting back up to speed and hopefully without upsetting anyone can say I am not really into full on sports-bikes ... for a start sitting on an R1 when you are 6'7" is a bit of a no-goer

Never been much of an "Internet forum" type of bloke however I would like to maybe do some touring and general riding, the odd drink, maybe a pub night etc either locally or a bit further afield with some like minded people from the Oxford area.

I am separated with children .. who do come and stay with me regularly and they are 100% the priority, the bike gets set aside on those days, so it is quite tricky to organize a regular schedule .. but I am keen to get involved.

Hiya Talltree,

Welcome aboard....nice intro :thumb

Don`t be apologetic about not being into sportsbikes....you`re in good company here :D :D

Have a browse around the Regional Forums...there`s quite a bit going on in your part of the country,from events to regular meetings.

Even if your free time is restricted,you`ll soon end up with lots of new mates via this amazing site......enjoy :beerjug: :beerjug:

Hi Talltree, since you're 6'7" :eek: I would like to congraulate you on buying the best GS to date :thumb

:p :p :p

jeez

That was meant to say welcome aboard....you can tell I've been out for a standard French lunch. By the way, good on you getting the kids as number 1 priority. Biking is great fun, but always a second best....They're very lucky as they can say with conviction "well actually MY Dad IS bigger than your Dad"... ;)

Cheers.../Rob

Tall Tree,
Welcome to the site. Are the kids big enough to go pillion? My 2 who are 15.75
(female) and 14.0 (male) can't get enough.
Regards
Matt

Hi

I have just got back into biking too and have a red gs - the only difference is I am a short 'un and found here a bit of a handful although I have just done 280 miles today around the M25 to east London and the bike was fab - very solid and reassuring
I live down the A34 near East Isley and am often touring around Oxford area
how about a ride out some evening during the week with a refreshment stop ?
jd

Welcome Talltree...

Good to hear that the kids are number one... I was in the same circumstances over twenty years ago :eek:

Now they ride their own bikes and we ride together lots, camping, touring etc. :thumb

All the best :beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

Thanks ... Yep kids are big enough just .. The eldest boy is 14 .. and has the frame of a small adult .. no problem. The second is 11. He can sit properly feet flat on the pegs arms in the correct places but he lacks the weight and body strength so I take it gently when he is on the back... but they both love it, it is a real treat for them.

I insist on and have bought for them the best gear that I can afford.. it gives them a certain cache with their friends if I drop them off at School on the bike..

dipps said:
I have just got back into biking too and have a red gs - the only difference is I am a short 'un and found here a bit of a handful although I have just done 280 miles today around the M25 to east London and the bike was fab - very solid and reassuring
I live down the A34 near East Isley and am often touring around Oxford area
how about a ride out some evening during the week with a refreshment stop ?
jd

sounds good ..... I must admit even with being very tall although the bike is great .. and very stable, I find it a heavy beast .... handle with care I think,
although hopefully as I get more experienced it will become easier (it is already).

A ride out sounds great .. will suggest something in a few days if that's OK .. going camping with 600 Cub scouts, plus 80 leaders (in the car) this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom