hp2 Dyno run

(RIP) philgunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There is a new motorcycle shop in Cork where i live and they have a Dynojet machine set up , so i took the HP2 along to see what no's would come out the other end , and a good base line for when a Exhaust system is installed

Fergus Cawley
www.cawleysmotorcycletuning.com
Unit 9A, Forge Hill Business Park,
Airport Road
Cork
021-4917738

see enclosed dyno run

Gunner

Attachments

• hp2_dyno.jpg
    hp2_dyno.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 710
It has 95Nm@3500rpms. It's the same amount of torque the KTM 950 cheap solution Supermoto frame put on 21"/18" wheels ( :rolleyes: ) aka the SuperEnduro R has PEAK torque @ bleedin high 7K rpms where no traction is left through long gears and high revs.

And already 50 horsepower available as low as around 3.5Krpms.

Massive power the HP2 has and bleedin' fast-forward going bike :bow :thumb

It has 95Nm@3500rpms. It's the same amount of torque the KTM 950 cheap solution Supermoto frame put on 21"/18" wheels ( ) aka the SuperEnduro R has PEAK torque @ bleedin high 7K rpms where no traction is left through long gears and high revs.

Very true.

But then the KTM costs about £3000 less and doesn't look like an accident involving a GS1200 and a CG125 !!

I saw one of those today when I was out on mine,poor lamb must have been stuck in second,cos he wasn't in my mirrors for long after I returned the overtake he did on the dual carriage way :tosser

I saw one of those today when I was out on mine,poor lamb must have been stuck in second,cos he wasn't in my mirrors for long after I returned the overtake he did on the dual carriage way

Unlikely-the bike doesn't go on sale in the Uk until mid July

Vern said:
I saw one of those today when I was out on mine,poor lamb must have been stuck in second,cos he wasn't in my mirrors for long after I returned the overtake he did on the dual carriage way :tosser
Why is he a tosser for having overtaken you?

Why do some people, when you pass them decide that they have to be back in front, anyway? If they were happy at 70 before, why do they suddently decide that someone tottling by at 80 is a slight against them (not suggesting that that was what happened with you, btw.)?

Well it was orange crap and slow,I just took it for granted it was one of those

Well if KTMs are crap and slow,then what the f*** are GS's ?

I had a KTM Adventure 950 S for 2 years and it was MUCH faster in acceleration than a GS 1200.Top speed very similar.

The new ADV 990 will presumably be even quicker.

I'm not saying KTms are any better-I mean,I've ordered a GS 1200 Adv having had KTMs for years.

But to say that KTMs are crap and slow really is talking out of your arse,I'm afraid.

NorthernBoy said:
Why is he a tosser for having overtaken you?

Why do some people, when you pass them decide that they have to be back in front, anyway? If they were happy at 70 before, why do they suddently decide that someone tottling by at 80 is a slight against them (not suggesting that that was what happened with you, btw.)?

The dual carriage way is a 50mph limit,He overtook at about 70-80mph,on the nice red chevrons,with a solid line around them,next to a school at turning out time.That in my books,makes him a tosser.Once on the open country road,he was riding like a cnut and just couldn't keep up once I'd passed him.

I bought a 950 adventure last year to make panniers and stuff for it,as I couldn't get hold of one any other way.Less than 2500,and it had so many faults and problems with it,I sold it.It done more miles on the back of AA trucks than it did under it's own steam.

However,I wish you all the best with your new bike,and the £450 services are a real hoot(every 4k as well)soon gobble up the 3k saving of an HP2

However,I wish you all the best with your new bike,and the £450 services are a real hoot(every 4k as well)soon gobble up the 3k saving of an HP2

You were had then !!!

My annual service on my KTM 950 cost me £158 and £172-I've just had a look in me old file !!!

Had the bike 2 years and went all over France/Spain with it.

In all that time i had the gear lever work loose-fixed with locktite in 2 mins,and a head gasket blew,but covered under warranty and only off the road for 2 days.

I've had a nose at 1 or 2 bike-related forums in the past and I must say that some of the members here do seem very blinkered .

I have no allegiance to any bike manufacturer-I buy what I want.

And we all have personal taste,thank heavens,but can you honestly say that the HP2 looks better than the KTM Super Enduro ?

I mean,no GS looks particularly pretty,though I do think the GSA 12 has a certain menace to it.

But the HP2 looks like a £5000 bike,not more than twice that.

It just looks so mashed up-where the hell did that £20 headlight come from ?

Manny Fagnet said:
And we all have personal taste,thank heavens,but can you honestly say that the HP2 looks better than the KTM Super Enduro ?

I mean,no GS looks particularly pretty,though I do think the GSA 12 has a certain menace to it.

But the HP2 looks like a £5000 bike,not more than twice that.

That, i have to disagree. The 950SE R looks utter cheap crap on the pics IMHO, with cheap wheels, details and nasty coloured cheap looking and too much plastic.

I haven't seen one in real life though, but to decide from the pics and videos i've seen from SE, it seriously does look cheap after the HP2. The 950/990ADV is much better looker for me taste if it comes to katoom line. The 950SE's lightning-speed development to copycat-mimic the HP2 took it's price. At least Ducati spends some detailed work on their new motard before production.

The HP2 in the detail alone - i say it's truly outstanding! From paralever to handlebars. And if me had a loads of £$£$£, i'd buy it just for it's round headlight and put it behind the glass on my living room :thumb

It's all matter of a taste and opinion, but I like the original looking things rather than a regular non-innovative (950SE is a strict-HP2 copycat anyway) shite put into intense orange colours and say "oh my, that looks soo good, the detail is sooo nice, it's sooo high quality". The same psychology-politics Ducati uses with intense red and yellow and gets the highest finish points from mag journalists, with the words "it looks expensive", altough there's a cheap iron mixture beneth the thick layer of colour and not even nearly the expensive details used.

GS 12 ADV very nice? hmm... Nothing wrong, but me likey 1150 ADV a bit more from the looks. Both good (very original) lookers indeed.

That's my opinion about them and mine alone.

I'm not blinkerd at all,I've got several bikes thankyou very much,I just don't bang on about the other ones on this site.I can't help it if you can't afford a decent bike,or don't understand the engineering that goes into making one,but like you say,you go and buy the pretty one.

Light blue touch paper and retire to safe distance :confused:

Manny Fagnet said:

Old stock from the factory i guess :rob Stopped making the R1150R and had some spare headlights going.

:beerjug:

Another thing: since KTM says officially they have the most lightweight and compact engine on Earth in it's class why their bike is heavier than the "big pig" boxer HP2 having even the shaft drive?

Just a hint for the old HP2 vs 950SE quality issue. Now tell me how much it costs to get 10kg off a already racing bike that's made with no compromise? I know a guy who tunes track racing and acceleration bikes and he estimates the "dura-light-tanium extreme" style materials and handwork to make completely new details around 30,000-50,000£ per every 5 kilograms you get off from the bike that already at first doesn't seem to be able to get much lighter (stock racing bikes).

Me just can't understand the bollox about 3000£ difference here while the one is lighter racing bike with more powerful and less maintainance requiring engine, more handwork invested (HPN), shaft drive and air shock in that price already all done in limited amounts, the other is bone regular and basic bike coming off from the motorised factory conveyer machines.

OK. "Rant" mode off :) Now the discussions please. :beerjug:

I just don't bang on about the other ones on this site

yeah,you just spout childish trips such as

Well it was orange crap and slow,I just took it for granted it was one of those

A mate who mentioned this site when I was looking into getting a GS said that there was some great advice within it's pages,spoilt somewhat by a few people who think BMW make the best bikes in the world in every category and will slag everything else off even when they know damn well that they are talking bollox.

Quite sad really.

Back
Top Bottom