Its my 1st time............

grant5435

Hello,
bit about myself, name's Kris, not quite a 'UK' GS'er at the moment (more in spirit). Currently working the wrong side of the pond (Washington DC).
I managed to get my sticky mitts on a 1200 adv bout 4 weeks ago (a damn sweet ride!! by the way!!). Just got back from her 1st road trip last friday,took me from DC to Colorado Springs, bring on the the Rockies!! Did Pike's Peak which is a tad large at 14100 ft, the bike had it for breakfast!! There's actually a mountain hut at the top with its own oxygen bar!!
After a couple of day's and lotsa bike perfect roads i headed north to Bannf in Canada, then it was due east 'ish to Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg then eventually the Great Lakes and back to DC. Think it was bout 6000 miles in 13 days, and probaly the best 13 bike days of my life!!

The only problems i had with the bike was that I managed to kill the fuel computer at 4200 miles (say's empty when's its actually half full) and the horn's playing hard to get, she used to provide the music to my in-helmet sing alongs, but now she only works on a now and then basis!! bikes getting serviced next week.

Ive still got 2yrs left of my posting over here, so if anyone's ever east coast stateside and need's any bike or beer help/advice/tips give me a shout!!

Cheers

:beer:

Some cheesy ride phot's

Couple of phot's taken on route..........

pike's peak and cottonwood pass

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 62
High there :D

and
welcome38gk.gif

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 135
As Tuned has said WELCOME hope you have many more adventures over there with the new bike,Look forward to some more photo's and ride report's
Ride safe.

Schultz

Oh Nice Bike

Hi Kris,

Welcome to the site. :thumb

That was one nice trip you took. :clap

I was at 9,000 ft for a couple of days once. At 14,000, I would be carrying my own oxygen bottle. :eek:

Hi Kris amd welcome.

One helluva trip, great scenery... good 'bike. I hope you have loads of miles'n smiles together.

:beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

Hi Kris,

Good intro....nice pics,too.

Welcome, and enjoy being a Tosser :beerjug:

Dude

Nice to see youve come over from the "dark side"...Tiger and finally seen the GS light!!!!!!!!

Showed Gill your photo's, where coming over for our summer hols!!!

Take care buddy.

Geordie

PS.........

I fly back from the Falklands on the 29 July and I cant wait!!

I really miss the GS (and the wife & son).

Speak to you shortly

Geordie

Eh up mate....

Geordie,
if u need digs yer can use my pad (i spend all of my time at the girlfriends), and if you need a bike to go touring, the tigers at the embassy just gatherin dust at the minute, get cheapish flights into DC fm virgin, dont use the squaddie discount cos thats more expensive!!]

Laters

That's a real sh1t posting then.....not! Great bike, great introduction and great location, that just leaves.......not alot! Welcome :thumb

Don

PS. How big is the pad, I can see a lot of the guys taking you up on an offer like that. :clap

Back
Top Bottom