Track Day

Lovey

Some of my friends have persuaded me to go along to a track day in July at Pembrey. I've been offered the use of an R6 (crash it, you bought it rule applies) which will also be ridden by it's owner. We will both be in the novice group and as such, this could mean long periods off the bike if we share. I'm considering taking my Gs Adv Se along (fitted with TFI, Remus can & Y piece, K & N) for a laugh and perhaps leaving the top box on! Just wondered if anyone has taken their Gs on a track day and if they enjoyed it??

If you are going to share the r6, then it would make more sense for one of you to go into the intermediate class, so that you always have a warmed up bike, and the gap between sessions is not too big for the rider to cool off too much! the difference between novice and intermediate groups is not so great normally, just choose the more confident rider to go in the intermediate group...and relax, they are great fun, and once you are into the day you will really really enjoy it!
(Plus it will only be the one bike with knackered tyres, break pads, etc etc to sort out afterwards!)
:thumb

russ996duke said:
If you are going to share the r6, then it would make more sense for one of you to go into the intermediate class, so that you always have a warmed up bike, and the gap between sessions is not too big for the rider to cool off too much! the difference between novice and intermediate groups is not so great normally, just choose the more confident rider to go in the intermediate group...and relax, they are great fun, and once you are into the day you will really really enjoy it!
(Plus it will only be the one bike with knackered tyres, break pads, etc etc to sort out afterwards!)
:thumb

Some sound advice! Thanks. That sounds like a good plan.

pembrey is good , have fun and ride the gs around it too..

could make some look daft out there..

if not russes advice is good too..

ride your own bike. . . .

have done track days on the GS.....bloody good fun......i think it's good to ride your own bike - you get to know it better by riding it faster (than on the road) which can only be a good thing. . . . .

steveuk said:
have done track days on the GS.....bloody good fun......i think it's good to ride your own bike - you get to know it better by riding it faster (than on the road) which can only be a good thing. . . . .

Thanks. Thought it would be fun to leave the top box on for a laugh!!!!

i took my Guzzi Cali 3 round Mondello Track - had a Great Laugh (useful too for sussing _exactly_ how-low-can-you-go).
also left the Givi panniers on it for a few laps :eek:
:D
http://www.irishridertraining.com/
3rd pic down :thumb
i would thoroughly a recommend a track day :)
~~
Og

Back
Top Bottom