Feckin good eh?

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
They’re feckin good eh?

Spent Sunday morning riding the local trails. Far too easy on this bike.

Seems BM have at long last produced a worthy off road successor to the original G/Ss.
They were close with the 650 – nice and light, but they don’t have the balance and the poise of a twin.

No fighting with it, just “think” where you wont to go, and it does. Marvelous.
Hope it’s as good in the mud

And on the road no bike with a 21” wheel should be able to turn as sharply as this thing does. Can’t wait til it’s run in.

One happy chappy

One happy chappy, tinged with a sense of foreboding as he'll have to allow Casey to have a ride.

Ho Ho!

Form an orderly queue behind Spout.

Simon

Septic said:
Jammy (financially destroyed) bugger
Fixed it for you.

You wont like it Simon - seat's too hard :rob

Funny enough i prefer my Adventure off-road in comparison to my HP. I find that the HP2 seems to bounce about too much for me ( using standard off road suspension settings ) compared to the Adventure. The HP makes me want to ride it like my xr400 and that's when things get slightly spooky as it's very tall and quite heavy. With the Adventure I know it's heavy so I ride it slower and plough through the dirt. I much prefer the HP2 as a road bike and love using it in city traffic - it's so narrow and responsive. I'm still waiting for the super moto wheels and can't wait to get 'em

Fun bikes all the same :thumb

Spout said:
They’re feckin good eh?

Spent Sunday morning riding the local trails. Far too easy on this bike.

Seems BM have at long last produced a worthy off road successor to the original G/Ss.
They were close with the 650 – nice and light, but they don’t have the balance and the poise of a twin.

No fighting with it, just “think” where you wont to go, and it does. Marvelous.
Hope it’s as good in the mud

And on the road no bike with a 21” wheel should be able to turn as sharply as this thing does. Can’t wait til it’s run in.

One happy chappy

Glad you like it. I'll be over soon to confirm your purcase was worth it :D

mrTickle said:
I find that the HP2 seems to bounce about too much for me ( using standard off road suspension settings ) compared to the Adventure.
I found it a bit hard and clunky rather than bouncy, but then the trails are a bit like that this time of year anyway.
Tracks true though, the front end doesn't deflect over loose rocks (an annoying trait of the 650).
The Adv tended to get a bit loose and clunky once speed was increased, and seemed to go where it wanted to go rather than where I wanted it to go :p
I need a few more miles on it yet :D

mrTickle said:
Funny enough i prefer my Adventure off-road in comparison to my HP. I find that the HP2 seems to bounce about too much for me ( using standard off road suspension settings ) compared to the Adventure. The HP makes me want to ride it like my xr400 and that's when things get slightly spooky as it's very tall and quite heavy. With the Adventure I know it's heavy so I ride it slower and plough through the dirt. I much prefer the HP2 as a road bike and love using it in city traffic - it's so narrow and responsive. I'm still waiting for the super moto wheels and can't wait to get 'em

Fun bikes all the same :thumb

You'l be wishing you bought a KTM.
:popcorn

HP2 Dirt or Road....?

I've ridden mine off road and on road w/SM wheels; it's an extremey capable off road bike for a BIG twin and is significantly better than the standard GS ADV (1150 or 1200) but it is over shadowed by my EXC 450 when the going gets tough - it's just lighter and easier to haul over obstickles and through slippery conditions - the HP2 also a bloody expensive piece of kit and I don;t want to bin it in the dirt (pride and wallet), while the KTM is rather more disposable!

However, as Mr T. says the HP2 really comes into its own on the road or rather on the SM wheels. It is probably the best road bike I've ridden, Rice-Rocket road racers included. Ok, it's not ultimately as quick or powerful but 105BHP on a sub-200kg SM bike - WOW!!! it turns quick, goes quick*, stops bloody quick* (*if you can keep the respective end on the ground :D ) it is endlessly engaging and seems to have endless grip - the edge (and more) of the tyre seems to get used everytime I get on it(something I've always struggled to do with other bikes. Even started scuffing the toes of my boots on a regular basis.

If you're considering buying an HP2 get a ride on the SM wheels, if you've got one and haven't got the SM wheels then you're really missing out on the bikes best trick.

cheers....

Hi Spout. glad to hear you like the HP2.
Remember you and Basil ae the only 2 people I know that have got air jumping those jumps in the Dale's.

Now I would like to see you and Basil out again.You on your HP2 And Basil on his KTM Adventure.......I'm sure you will both be jumping a lot higher :D

Back
Top Bottom