ZZR1400

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tested or ridden one please.

The dealer up here says that they're all sold before they get here.

I'll be lucky to even sit on one at this rate, never mind test one.

My Pal has got one and done 4000 miles. Says compared to his hayabusa its, quicker, handles better, tyres last longer, brakes better. Power is very managable low down but takes off higher up the rev range.

Stumpy

ZZR

I had a customer come to see me on one and he said the same as Stumpy, but his previous bike was a Fireblade and he felt the roll on was a bit jerky, when rolling from 30 to 70 he thought the Blade was more flexible.

Its probably a fuel management issue and will be easily corrected by an ECU update when the time comes, he was very pleased with it and rides two up all the time, I got to throw my leg over it, it was very comfortable like the K1200S, but a lot cheaper and with the added benefit of japanese quality control, everything in the right place was beautifully finished and I looked in all the nooks and crannys that are not seen, the instrument binacle is excellent, typical of japanese engineering, I didn't get to ride it though, another day perhaps.
This one was in bue and very handsome it was too.

Just bought one... :D

Hugely fast, light (in comparo with GS :p ). No fuelling issue whatsoever, this thing is smoother than anything I've ever ridden! What your mate might have felt is the huge powerband which comes in at 5k. Goes like a rocket, the acceleration is absolutely savage up the revs and very manageable low down.

79284958-L.jpg

two for sale

at BRIDGE in Exeter last week. Nearly ordered one today... but didnt have the nerve just yet.. but i think it`s only a matter of time now..anyone fancy a red griso or a V11 rosso corsa?

Just bought one too fantastic bike no issues at all. Soon to be banned though i think. This bike is addictive!!

Did you try one first or just order it?

Going to have a look today.

I think they look great personally.

Davel said:
Did you try one first or just order it?

Going to have a look today.

I think they look great personally.

The damn things are like rocking horse ****. If you want one just stick a deposit down and hope for the best! The problem is that Kawasaki sent all the initial ones to the US, making all Euro countries wait. That plus the limited supply is making it difficult to get one.

I managed to get one from D&K in staffordshire, as it looks like they get the biggest allocation. I know for a fact that D&K have had 5 at least so far, as I saw them in the flesh. In comparison the dealer I wanted to use had orders for 4 and had received none as yet.

I didnt get to test one, but I slung a leg over one that they had for a customer. I dont think you will find a demo anywhere until the dealers have sorted all their orders, wouldnt make sense. I dont see that happening until late July possibly August.

Talking to a Kawasaki UK rep a month ago and he told me that there would only be about 500 in the UK by the end of this year apparently the demand caught Kawasaki off guard and they cant step up production till next year. Just what i heard. Flip. Any way not bothered now cus i got mine!....

Shit, shite bollox and piss!

Went to look at one today at Millenium St Helens and being an old git, just found the leg position too cramped.

Bugger - really liked it too!

:rob

Davel

Rumour has it that kawasaki will make a GT tourer like the K 1200 GT based on the ZZR 1400 motor at 155 bhp but tuned for torque with all the bells and whistles for touring.
Might suit an old git better.

:rob

Got rid of my FJR because it was too quick for real world riding and I could rarely use the power: what the feck is the point of the ZZR 1400? Use more than 20% of its capability for any length of time and you will be banned or dead :rolleyes: How long before some twat gets caught doing 190mph and drives another big nail in motorcycling's coffin :(

OK, right, no problem, we'll ban the Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferrari, Koenigsegg Swedish thing then shall we :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob

sjwb said:
OK, right, no problem, we'll ban the Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferrari, Koenigsegg Swedish thing then shall we :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob

Yes ;)

Still tempted.

Found a s/h one at a dealer up here with 115 miles on the clock only.

The guy is selling it with marital problems - dunno if they come with the bike! :eek:

Really very tempted.

Any problems with any ZZR1400's on here yet?

Do you have to thrash them or can they tour okay at more sedate speeds?

I'm unlikely to ever really ride at the speeds that they are capable of, but I love the style and looks of the bike - and I feel like a change for something different.....

You're a brave man (or daft) if you want to thrash one. Touring would be easy.
Bike Magazine have one as a long term test bike, you might want a quick read of that.

Now stop it 'cos you're making me want one as well and I can't afford it :tears

Not me - not slow but equally not one of the faster riders!

Was toying with the K1200GT but just think that I'd prefer one of these

-and the local dealer is much nearer too

Back
Top Bottom