quest help?

floyd

Reaction score
Please help, I purchased a quest some time ago but have only used it localy(Lossiemouth, Scotland) but on Sunday I needed to Buckingham. I set off after selecting a route but must have lost satelite reception on over 30 occasionsons ( A9,M74,M6) on the way down and the same on the way back. Is this normal or does my quest have a problem, I knew it would have some blackspots but not as many as that.

Haven't known it to do that to such a degree :nenau

I know this may be a dopey question, but did you have the antenna flipped up and more or less parallel to the road (i think it says) and did you have it behind the windscreen of a car which may have had heating elements or that type of thing in the windscreen??

if it's a quest 2, it sounds like the same problem twotter had with his unit + replacement. garmin are exchanging it for a 2610 i believe.

Is it not heat reflecting windscreens that cause the problem rather than screens with heating elements? Admittedly I've never noticed a problem with the Quest in this regard where as I did have problems with a PDA Satnav, although thinking about it that was on a different car so I have no control in my expt to say the Quest is better.....anyway, I'm sure heat reflecting screens are an issue sometimes.

Britishbeefy said:
Is it not heat reflecting windscreens that cause the problem rather than screens with heating elements?

:thumb Renaults and a few other Froggy cars come with a screen coating that isn't friendly to GPS signals......what car was it in????

You can get exterior pucks fairly cheaply which will plug into the port on the back of the quest if that's the problem :)

floyd said:
the car was a RS focus

Hmmm...not on this list but there are two fords there and they do change stuff a lot.....some good tips though that it might be worth looking at.

<iframe frameborder="1" height="800" scrolling="auto" src="http://www.gpsw-support.co.uk/athermic.htm" width="950"></iframe>

Thanks Fanum. I have contacted Garmin to see what they say, the unit is only 7 months old and it has started losing signal while on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom