Wee spin - Sat 15/7/06

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself & R2D2 are planning a 'wee spin' next Saturday, if anyone wants to come & play ;)

The plan (such as it is :) ) is to meet at 10.00, probably Mountrath, and have a run around the Slieve Blooms, then something like Roscrea, Templemore, Urlingford, Fethard, Clonmel, Cappoquin, Lismore & back up through the Knockmealdowns to Cahir.

After that it depends on time available but R2D2 knows lots of back roads around Tipperary ;) ;)

It'll be mainly R & unclassified roads so not too much traffic & lots of bends :D :bounce1

Gents,
If y'all don't mind, I will try to tag along..(Jockser, I"ll leave some other guys girlfriend behind this time).

I'll check for updates towards the weekend.

Jockser said:
Myself & R2D2 are planning a 'wee spin' next Saturday, if anyone wants to come & play ;)

The plan (such as it is :) ) is to meet at 10.00, probably Mountrath, and have a run around the Slieve Blooms, then something like Roscrea, Templemore, Urlingford, Fethard, Clonmel, Cappoquin, Lismore & back up through the Knockmealdowns to Cahir.

After that it depends on time available but R2D2 knows lots of back roads around Tipperary ;) ;)

It'll be mainly R & unclassified roads so not too much traffic & lots of bends :D :bounce1

Padge said:
Gents,
If y'all don't mind, I will try to tag along

You'd be very welcome Padge :thumb Marcus will be leaving from the City Centre & heading down to me. Leaving my place ('bout 5 miles from Kildare town) by 09.00 as I want to take a more scenic route to Mountrath than the M7 ;) :D
Lets know what suits you m8.

(Jockser, I"ll leave some other guys girlfriend behind this time).

:jes

Wee Sin

I would love to come on this spin but will be at the Zoo with the Wife and kids earning brownie points for Achill . :)

Padge said:
Gents,
If y'all don't mind, I will try to tag along..(Jockser, I"ll leave some other guys girlfriend behind this time).

I'll check for updates towards the weekend.

You are very welcome.
We can meet in Dublin on Sat morning if you want. Just let me know.
Marcus
:thumb

Colm Cummins said:
I would love to come on this spin but will be at the Zoo with the Wife and kids earning brownie points for Achill . :)

Colm, tell 'em the bit of cloud forecast for Sunday will make it a better day to go to the zoo ;) ;) :D

Spin on 15th

Jockser said:

Having done alot of research ;) the meeting place for Sat. morning is The Coffee Dock in the centre of Mountrath about 10am. :bounce1
Weather forcast is good and all bends will be dry :cool:

R2D2 said:
the meeting place for Sat. morning is The Coffee Dock in the centre of Mountrath about 10am. :bounce1

Will see you there :thumb

Lookin' forward to a decent spin :D Missed the last 2 Sundays :( The Wed evening spin was the only outing for the moto in 3 weeks :eek: Will definately have to blow the cobwebs off her tomorrow :D :moped:

before I went home

God it was hot (as You know) and I had dressed inappropriately. A scorcher of a day. I left the group in Roscrea after the Slieve Blooms and before lunch. Tried to generate a cooling breeze on the run home but I was still hot at the limit and beyond.
On high
Looking down from on high and having a splash

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 54
We spin...680km!(Bloody wrists were killing me next day)
Hot.. I was sweating like a pregnant nun...

Nice to meet you guys.. Thanks for the tour...Will follow up with a few photos when I get a chance...

nud1e said:
God it was hot (as You know) and I had dressed inappropriately. A scorcher of a day. I left the group in Roscrea after the Slieve Blooms and before lunch. Tried to generate a cooling breeze on the run home but I was still hot at the limit and beyond.
On high
Looking down from on high and having a splash

Nice pic's Nod1e, :thumb was a good day but very warm, bike now free from fly sh1t :) Hope to meet ye all again for another wee spin :hide

Finally have a few minutes to say 'thanks' - to Nud1e (nice to finally meet you :thumb ), Padge & Marcus for coming along & especially to R2D2 for leading the second part of the run :cool:

Padge & Marcus arrived at my place & after a quick cuppa and a fair bit of tyre kicking we set off along some nice twisty roads through Ballitore, Athy, Stradbally, Abbeyleix to Mountrath where we met Nud1e & R2D2. We phoned from A'leix to say we were running late :eek: & ordered the brekkie ;) which arrived on the table almost as we were sitting down :clap

After the feed we headed to the Slieve Blooms - Clonaslee, throught 'the cut' to Kinnity (with a short bit of 'piste' to the TV mast thrown in) & back to Roscrea, where Nud1e left us - I pulled in before the N7 to say goodbye but he'd taken a shortcut & was gone :(

Then it was a shortish spin through Templemore (not a Guard in sight :cool: ) to Urlingford for a badly needed (soft) drink & a snack. Once refreshed it was R roads again through Fethard to Clonmel, where R2D2 gave us a free guided tour of the town ;) before heading across the Monavullagh Mountains as far as the N72. A sharp right turn & a couple of miles later we were passing through Cappoquin on our way to the Knockmealdown Mts. for a couple of scenic stops - where's the pics Padge :nenau

On the way to Cahir we stopped at a pub in Ballylooby which had the look & feel of a set in a 'Deliverence' style movie :eek: but the toasted sandwiches & tea kept us going for a while longer. Then out through Cahir, Tipp Town & Dundrum to Holy Cross where R2D2 fed us tea & bikkies before bringing us back to Templemore. From there it was a straight (ish) run to Rathdowney, Abbeyleix, Stradbally & back to my place where Marcus had some stuff to pick up. He & Padge then headed back to Dublin.

I covered about 550km in almost 14 hours out - which goes to show how long the stops were rather than the slow pace but given the heat it was vital that we kept fluid levels up ;) All in all I really enjoyed the day - good company & some great roads with little traffic but by jaysus was it hot - everytime we stopped I immediately felt like 'Uncle Bens' boil in the bag :mmmm

Must do it again soon - maybe in the opposite direction ;) :D

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom