Hartside, midnite run 12th aug

ianmac

Hi all, just picked dup a flyer for "Nightmeet 2" at Hartside Cafe, midnight august 12th in aid of The Great North Air Ambulance, see www.nightmeet.co.uk for further details, sounds like possible carnage! exciting tho :eek:

I was looking for an excuse to test my PIAA 520 SMR's- looks like I now have the perfect opportunity.

How about having a group ride from the North East perhaps meeting at Heddon on the wall or Corbridge?.
Can I follow someone with a set of spotlights please?, the eyesight is failing :rob .

ChrisKelley said:
Ooh! This sounds daft..

I may give it a go....

....sorry no spotlights :(

:thumb

Daft is as daft does.... forgive me if I am getting too technical :confused:

Well, if you are up for it lets put a time and place together. All the bikes without spotlights can go first then the others can follow shortly after and see if they can spot us lying in the ditch :eyebrow

Okay.
I'll try and think of a meeting place where we won't p*ss anyone off with our "noisy motorcycles"...... although I guess we'd meet, aiming to set away around 22:00 to get the full benefit of the 23:00 - 01:00 butty slot at the cafe..... and drink in the atmosphere....

Just to set the ball rolling: What about the first [P] lay-by on the A69 west after you come off the A1?

Ooh! A mission :beerjug:

Should we post this in the Scottish section too?

It seems only polite...

:beerjug:

Sorted.....I'll be there. Good idea as regards the Scottish section, no doubt the lads from the North West (inc Haydw) will see this and join us there.
OOOOh I'm all exited......goes to show I have b****r all else going on in my life

midnite run

Hi all just reading your posts I live in kelso and plan on doing the run so may meet up when you decide a meeting point
Hovis
:thumb

Proposed meeting point 1

Just in case.....

Attachments

• Jul14&01a.jpg
    Jul14&01a.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 255
.....and for gadget freaks who maybe haven't been there:

Attachments

• Nightmeet.gdb
    248 bytes · Views: 56
Hello again, Sorry to say that I will not be able to make the midnight run after a fight with a sheep on the millitary road yesterday. :(
The little s**t ran out in front of me and I didn't even have time to touch the brakes before hitting it and crashing, my wife was following on her V-Strom and lost the front end on sheep offle. Lucky for her, her bike isn't too damaged as it landed on me!!
So we now both have broken wrists and various other injuries. I now feel even more compelled to help out the ambulance service in some way after excellent service.

Get well soon Mr & Mrs Dataman!

I`ll probably be up there too, you can`t miss me, I`ll be on a 12GS :mmmm

hartside

watch out for dark blue unmarked volvo while up there , it pulled two cars outside melmersby the other day

dataman said:
Hello again, Sorry to say that I will not be able to make the midnight run after a fight with a sheep on the millitary road yesterday. :(
The little s**t ran out in front of me and I didn't even have time to touch the brakes before hitting it and crashing, my wife was following on her V-Strom and lost the front end on sheep offle. Lucky for her, her bike isn't too damaged as it landed on me!!
So we now both have broken wrists and various other injuries. I now feel even more compelled to help out the ambulance service in some way after excellent service.

Nightmare!! :eek:

Here's wishing you both a speedy recovery....

bsogri said:
watch out for dark blue unmarked volvo while up there , it pulled two cars outside melmersby the other day

Shouldn't be a problem: I'm slow enough in broad-daylight :eek:

Chris, me and a mate should be meeting you on A69 at designated time (pending HEL lines turn up).
Snoop.

Back
Top Bottom