Off road around Dublin????

the celt said:
So lads n ladies who'd be up for some off road experiences around Dublin need to be a Sunday me only day off, will ask around see whats about or does any of you boyos know off any????
I'm up for some gentle off-road messing about. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a suitable area. Let me know what you find.

Ah, The Celt is back :thumb How's it goin' m8 ?

I'd be up for a bit of gravel / muck / whatever :bounce1 Only one I know about is the gravel track at the end of Glenmalure - don't know how kosher it is but there's no one up there in the evenings :D Myself & willsuds were thinkin' of havin' a ramble up that way next Monday evening ;)

There must be other places about. Anyone with a bit of local knowledge :nenau Or are youse all keepin' them to yourselves ? :confused:

Can't manage Sundays for the next couple of weeks :( but after that I'd be game :clap

Yep, I'm in .. I'll get asking around and see if there are any places that are suitable. :clap

willsuds and myself went out for a spin tonight to search for suitable places and we've some good news and some bad news...

GOOD NEWS: There's a place not too far from Enniskerry that has a nice mix of fire roads and down- and up- hill challenges. :D

BAD NEWS: The combination of road tires and my (lack of) ability meant that I came home with a few more scratches on my bike than I went out with. :(

We're not 100% sure of the legality of riding in the place we found but there was no-one around to ask :cool: and the barrier was clearly not intended to stop motorcycles :D

It may have been a little off-off road, but was certainly good craic. The track is quite long but gets a little gnarly the further you go :eek: !!

w00kie had a fight with a rock :( .. but the rock came off worse :D ...

agreed about the barrier gate ..

there must be loads of similar places :thumb, till next time :beer:

w00kie said:
We're not 100% sure of the legality of riding in the place we found but there was no-one around to ask :cool: and the barrier was clearly not intended to stop motorcycles :D

Carpes Diem

Pay Later

the celt said:
Jockser .................... how does the 6th August sound

Howya Joe,

I am pretty sure that Jockser is away on the Boreen Run that weekend. Will be away on the Riders Rally myself. :bounce1 :thumb

Are you taking a wee run up to Achill Island on the Saturday evening? Would be good to have a beer with ya. :beerjug: :beer:

the celt said:
Jockser me aul mate hows it going, how does the 6th August sound that gives us a bit of time to get some info on tracks, a mate used to do a bit of offroading on a Africa Twin will ask him where he used to go

Things is good :cool: except I'm not gettin' as much time on me moto as I'd like :(

As Aidan said I'm otherwise engaged on the 6th - doin' the Boreen Run around Cork & Kerry that w/e :bounce1 but any Sunday after that is currently free ;)

Pick any of them & I'll be there :D

Prob. going head out on mon night for a spin with Jockser + anyone else who's free.
That track myself and w00kie were on yesterday would be crawling with walkers etc., on Sun I would imagine.

Must find more information about 'legit' off-road areas :nenau

the celt said:
So lads n ladies who'd be up for some off road experiences around Dublin need to be a Sunday me only day off, will ask around see whats about or does any of you boyos know off any????

....let me know I will be there.... :thumb

the celt said:
how does the 13 August sound ?

Sounds good to me Joe :thumb

Anyone wanting to come on Mondays run with willsuds & myself should be in Dundrum by about 18.30. We'll probably have a look at the track he & wookie found & then head over Sally Gap to Glenmalure :bounce1

:beerjug:

off road

any one ever try the feather beds, ( up from Rathfarnham )plenty of days in my youth on a DT250 were spent up there :D

R2D2 said:
any one ever try the feather beds, ( up from Rathfarnham )plenty of days in my youth on a DT250 were spent up there :D

No :nono but will talk to you tomorrow about it :D

Jockser said:
Sounds good to me Joe :thumb

Anyone wanting to come on Mondays run with willsuds & myself should be in Dundrum by about 18.30. We'll probably have a look at the track he & wookie found & then head over Sally Gap to Glenmalure :bounce1

:beerjug:
Cant make monday night work till 8 :( but at least I'll be on me moto :D , let me know how the run goes and I'll be there on the sunday run in August

Back
Top Bottom