Autocom Active-Plus (200)

Reaction score
Went for the first test ride with my Autocom Active-plus tonght. The system was just in a back pack, running on a battery as the instructions advise you to test it first before fitting it to the bike. I was on my own so added my MP3 player for company.
I stopped to adjust the settings a couple of time but the results were very disapointing. I could not here the music at anything over 50mph even with all the volumes on max. the sound was also very tinny even when i could hear it through the my ear plugs..

Has anyone had any better results? :beerjug:

Sounds like the speakers are in the wrong place, they need to be right over the ear.

What a coincidence! I did exactly the same thing last night with the same bit of kit too. The system is fitted to the bike however. I took MrsP along since I had already tested it on my own with the GPS(2610)also known as 'Betty' on an earlier occasion. We found the result to be much better than my previous ProM 1. Since my hearing is very poor (65% bilateral loss) I had the volume on max and MrsP had hers set at approx 25%. The Vox control is still at the factory setting. At these levels we were able to talk comfortably at speed up to 100 MPH with both of us wearing custom made ear plugs. My helmet is an Arai Astro J and hers is a Shoei X1000. I would suggest repositioning the speakers so as the hot spot is adjacent to the centre of your ear canal. This can make a very big difference. Good luck and keep perservering!

Spikehammer said:
Sounds like the speakers are in the wrong place, they need to be right over the ear.
Easy way to check, Put your helmet on and start music playing, move head t around in helmet and see if music gets louder, if it does, speakers are in wrong position!

To check whether the speakers are in the right place for your ears, apply talcum powder to said ears and put on helmet as if you were going to ride. Now remove helmet and check the talc mark on the helmet lining in relation to actual speaker position.

The manual tells you where optimum position is for best results though yoo are going to suffer a poorer performance because of the earplugs, compensating with the volume controls is supposed to have overcome this but most people I know give up with the Autocom speakers and go for custom ear plugs with speakers in.

118118 said:
Went for the first test ride with my Autocom Active-plus tonght. The system was just in a back pack, running on a battery as the instructions advise you to test it first before fitting it to the bike. I was on my own so added my MP3 player for company.
I stopped to adjust the settings a couple of time but the results were very disapointing. I could not here the music at anything over 50mph even with all the volumes on max. the sound was also very tinny even when i could hear it through the my ear plugs..

Has anyone had any better results? :beerjug:

Same problem with regard to the sound so I invested in an Amp-rider(search threads).This device as its name suggests increases the sound quite considerabily. Now I have no problem with hearing the music. Recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom