Question #1: Arran Ferries?

Deleted account W

It's started, first in a series of questions for you chaps up in Scotland.

Does anyone know where I can find details on the two ferry routes on the map below, sailing times/cost?

Cheers :thumb

Attachments

• ScreenShot019.jpg
    ScreenShot019.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 198
judge said:
Welcome to the most expensive ferry crossings (£ per mile) in the world!! :eek:

Good grief, do I get a berth and personal valet for that? :eek:

I've flown to Budapest and back for less :D

I live 7 miles from Ardrossan and it's 20+ years since i have visited Arran. It was ok in the days when you bought a pushbike ticket and put a big greasy thumbprint on it as the M/C ticket was also pink. I refuse to give the thieving bastards any money..besides if you want rain and midges you can get them easily without using a ferry :D

Arran is still well worth a visit even thought it is an expensive ferry imho, there is just something magical about the Island, (once you get away from Brodick etc and the tourists) and yes I grudge paying for a M/bike but I go over hill walking a fair bit :)

JohnC said:
Arran is still well worth a visit even thought it is an expensive ferry imho, there is just something magical about the Island, (once you get away from Brodick etc and the tourists) and yes I grudge paying for a M/bike but I go over hill walking a fair bit :)

Well I fancy it, it'll need to go to a vote with the two other gentlemen motorcyclists I'll be riding with :)

Arran Ferries? Would they not get soggy and sink?

I'll get me coat :eek:

Whatton said:
Well I fancy it, it'll need to go to a vote with the two other gentlemen motorcyclists I'll be riding with :)

I'll go with the flow :thumb

I don't wanna rock the boat

I Don't make waves

and Still waters run deep

No man is an Island

whatever you decide it's water under a bridge

and i don't want To throw water on fire

or get in hot water with the others ;)

You Don't sail out farther than you can row back

It's Better lose the anchor than the whole ship

Plus Worse things happen at sea.

Whatever you think :D :nenau

TUNED IN said:
I'll go with the flow :thumb

I don't wanna rock the boat

I Don't make waves

and Still waters run deep

No man is an Island

whatever you decide it's water under a bridge

and i don't want To throw water on fire

or get in hot water with the others ;)

You Don't sail out farther than you can row back

It's Better lose the anchor than the whole ship

Plus Worse things happen at sea.

Whatever you think :D :nenau

We'll go then, Burton won't even realise he's left the mainland if we take him on an early crossing :thumb

TUNED IN said:
<iframe frameborder=".1" height=".1" scrolling="auto" src="http://mp3.cdbaby.com/b/bigblow2-07" width="1"></iframe>

well lets get in the mood The Arran Boat song:D

Why's there a Dij-ary-do in the Irish styleeee music :D

By the way , will there be any pyecosts on Mull . :nenau

Whatton said:

It's one of the few places where you will find wild deer walking freely about in front of the local shops :D

You can also see stags rutting (in season) without too much trouble and Golden Eagles are spotted regularly.

It has some amazing mountains (no Munros but four Corbetts) and rock structures with people coming from all over the world to study them. It's a mini Highlands :)

OK, here's a few snaps to give you an idea :)

deer1.jpg

fawn.jpg

Glen-Rhosa.jpg

lochranzacastle.jpg

_DSC2614.jpg

glen_sannox.jpg

the_witches_step.jpg

DSC_2022.jpg

Cir-Mhor-from-Glen-Rhosa.jpg

glen_rhosa.jpg

Whatton said:
It's started, first in a series of questions for you chaps up in Scotland.

Does anyone know where I can find details on the two ferry routes on the map below, sailing times/cost?

Cheers :thumb

Well worth coming off Arran at Claonaig and spending some time in Argyll. I can reccommend it.

Andy

Andy Davies said:
Well worth coming off Arran at Claonaig and spending some time in Argyll. I can reccommend it.

Andy

Used to go to Arran every easter weekend for the Isle of Arran TT's
only wild life I saw was in the Ormadale and The Pier head tavern, Alderside hotel :beer: :drinkinpa :boozer

Do you still accept Scottish notes in Argyll :D

Nice crash bars Andy
Might drop past for a mars bar one day :thumb

Whatton said:

Thought you were going with Tooned and James......
who are the other two gentlemen motorcyclists going to be?

I'm a bit embarrassed to confess that I've never been to Arran before (or any other Scottish island apart from Skye :eek: ) but this thread has got me adding this onto my list of "Things To Do" :thumb

Nice photos by John C only whet the old appetite even more... :)

Back
Top Bottom