Plotting LAT/LON locations on GPS V ?

Gecko

Reaction score
These are the coordinates for the GS event in Belgium next month: N51° 04.437' E004°07.781'

How do I put them into my GPS V ? Can I do this directly on the GPS or do I have to go to Mapsource first then create a waypoint ? Any ideas ?
Cheers
Gecko

GPS v

Yes, you can... I have done it on mine. I'm sure this isn't the correct way to do it, but I just used another (un-needed) waypoint and edited it... putting in your new Lat/longs... it does work.

Will

Gecko said:
These are the coordinates for the GS event in Belgium next month: N51° 04.437' E004°07.781'

How do I put them into my GPS V ? Can I do this directly on the GPS or do I have to go to Mapsource first then create a waypoint ? Any ideas ?
Cheers
Gecko
Like this...

1. Press and hold the Enter button, this will create a waypoint/mark for your current location.
2. Then use the big round cursor button to move to the relevant lat/long field.
3. When you are over the first co-ordinate press enter again then use the up/down position of the cursor button to change the value.
4. Repeat this exercise until all the lat/longs display the new co-ordinates then press quit to get out of the waypoint screen.
5. The same procedure can be used to edit the name for the waypoint, insetad of the default 001,002,003 etc.

Back
Top Bottom