Brand new Arai Tour-X2. Where's the cheapest deals?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks.
I need to obtain a new helmet and fancy a Arai Tour-X2. Not to sure about the latest deals available, either on the plain or design painted options, so thought why not ask the masses?
Regards.
Timpo.

Got mine from them earlier this year, great company and fantastic price and service.

There was quite a disussion on imports from other countries but was able to confrm it was a UK "sourced" helmet for warranty purposes. :thumb

Arai Tour-X2

http://www.shop2.biz/secure/bikersbargains/catalog/Off-Road-p-1-c-13.html

Oh 8ollocks! White Large Tour-X2, £240, no stock and no idea when restock will occur.
SOS! Who next shall i try doing such a good deal?
Or shall I venture into the BMW Enduro Helmet realms? White metallic or the red/white bullit design looks good.
Are they available yet?
Do you own one?
Plusses, minusses, etc?
T.

INFINITY

T. -- Have a wander into your local "Infinity" store , look interested in the Tour X , "um" & "ah" like a good gormless punter , whilst sussing out what they have in stock - check if Tour X 1 or 2 , when manufactured if 1 , and ask the crucial question , "How much will you take for one of these cash ?" .

Having been careful not to commit yourself to a specific preference re colour , you suck your teeth like a good 'un when they tell you that they have no Black , or Red , or Silver metallic etc. And then you say , "Oh Dear , that's the model / style / colour I was specifically after !" Remembering to look suitably crestfallen in the process .

If you've been a good little punter the Assistant will then say something to the effect that they , "Might be able to do you a bit of a deal , were Sir to consider settling for one of our units in stock" .

More "uming" and "ahing" , followed by , "I'm not convinced / sure , I'm really looking for a ,,,,,,,,,,, model , to match my leathers / bike / girlfriend's hair-do etc. etc." , and the Assistant then usually goes off to , "Speak to the Manager" .

Here , you need to look at some other helmets as if you are only mildly interested in their stock of Tour Xs , all of which are the wrong colour .

Then , usually , out comes the Boss who says something like , "What would Sir be prepared to pay for one of our Tour Xs ?" -- DO NOT OFFER A PRICE -- MAKE HIM MAKE AN OFFER AND WHATEVER IT IS CONTINUE TO LOOK LESS THAN ENTHUSIASTIC -- The rest is up to you .

I'll not annoy others on the site by mentioning exactly how little I paid for my Tour X , suffice to say that it was significantly south of £240 , and that it was in the Metallic Grey that I was after .

Stick to the plan , enjoy the process , and I bet that you get a better deal than advertised elsewhere .

Best of luck , Jim .

ovenpaa said:
... however I have now been told these are grey imports and are not supported for warrenty claims by Arai UK.....
Does Arai make helmets to a lower standard for other countries then? :nenau

Can't help but wonder whether its another case of "Rip Off Britain" TBH.

The problem is that the UK importer (Pheonix Distribution) tends to get stuck with any issues about fit and finish.

You can take your Arai to any major biking motorsport event and get the arai people to give it the once over for you as part of the free servicing for a few years.

If you've bought it from an official 5 star arai dealer then the service charge is effectively built in, but if not official, then you haven't. There are subtle differences in colouring on some models that the offical dewalers will be able to spot... I saw one guy trying to get a fitting, and was questioned about the origin of the helemt as they knew it wasn't a UK spec, but they still took care of him.

tour x

Hi there, thanks for the feedback everyone. Here at gearchangeonline.com and bikersbargains.co.uk we sell the Tour x for £240. These are the recognised European standard ECE2205. As with all purchases the buyer should return to the dealer. We fully support the 5 year guarantee. Why pay more?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Tour X and a Tour X2?

Seen both advertised, but they look the same to me. :nenau

Taff said:
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Tour X and a Tour X2?

Seen both advertised, but they look the same to me. :nenau

Tour X 2 has differing vents (allegedly better) and paint jobs. Basically it's this year's model.

Nothing wrong with a Tour X, as long as you are not a fashion victim like me, just check how old it is.

In pursuit of the Tour-X2, White, Large and Cheap, just like me!!

carol said:
Hi there, thanks for the feedback everyone. Here at gearchangeonline.com and bikersbargains.co.uk we sell the Tour x for £240. These are the recognised European standard ECE2205. As with all purchases the buyer should return to the dealer. We fully support the 5 year guarantee. Why pay more?

Sounds good to me Carol, I'll have a white Tour-X2 in Large size at £240, please................
I'll even have a bit of further discount for the market research.......Dream on Timpo!...Just the lid requested would be nice!
What about the BMW Enduro helmet? The BMW site shows the White Metallic and the Red Bullit designs, any of you folks got such lids in use?
If I don't sort this quest soon, I'll be picking up my 12GSA wearing my maggot infested off-road helmet, nicknamed The Biohazard! It's dirtier than a Crow's beak with a wiffy-tang to match.
Regards.
Timpo.

Back
Top Bottom