Party in Skye

Uinneag

In late July /early August I am planning a ceilidh in the Waternish hall
Rock band AC/DC Pink Floyd etc covers and then a Ceilidh dance band
I can organise camping facilties in an acre of land next to the pub Stein inn, my local "hostility" there is ample parking next to campsite for those that don't like parking bikes on grass.
Good food at the pub at reasonable prices, can also organise a burger van if enough people attend.
Camp site would be free, Shower facilities in the Inn
The Ceilidh would be free and a bring yir own bottle type event so that no-ones getting ripped off.
All I would look for is donations to enduro africa instead of an entrance fee and profits from a bar.
A run round the island to top it off would make this an ideal wee event to attend.
Anyone interested

Johnny,
yer ears must hav bin burnin. GC and masel' were talking about your "rally" at the weekend.
If I'm no away on me hols, I'm up for it.

Keith

Sounds Good!!

Fancy another run up to Skye, but it depends on the date??
We're in Ireland at the Achill Island GS event the last weekend in July, and after that it depends on shifts/work :( :( - so once you've fixed the dates Johnny, we'll be able to check.

Cheers..............................Grizzly :beer: :beer:

Spooky ! Keith and I were indeed talking about it over the weekend. I told him you were a lazy bastid and couldn’t organise a proverbial piss up in a brewery :D
It sounds bigger than I thought you were planning, sounds good though.
Grizz is right, we need a firm date, July is nearly over already !
Get yer finger out, the more notice we have the more folk are likely to attend !

HTH ;)
G C

Tempting......
thinking.gif

If only we could!
Having been north of the border for 2 weeks in June, booked 2 weeks in Oct for Dougie Macleans Perthshire Amber concerts and a 2 week bike trip to Gib in September in the planing stages, it might be difficult to squeeze another break in.
I know my wife would jump at the chance to come up, as she yearns for the highlands all the time.
We shall have to see.
Mike.

DAtes???

Hi Johnny,
YEs - Dates would be great! :bounce1 IF we can do it -- family comittments allowing :eek: - we'll be up! the more cornering practice I have the better (practicing for the Pink Way Challenge in Sept -- as you know!)and we would love to be on Skye again! :) Dates man...dates!!!
Moo and Derm :beer:

Should be Sat 5th of August just waiting for confirmation on the hall hire
Will post details in next day or so need to get my ar*e in gear :eek:

Thanks all for the response :clap :clap :clap

Oonyack, I saw these guys at a festival in Germany. They're called Skye. I heard them doing Loch Lomond, Wi' You My Johnny Lad and Road and The Miles To Dundee. The singer's German banter between tracks was first class. I wondered where he learned to speak so fluently. I then learned that they're all German :eek: They had learned the songs/accent/vocal delivery etc in parrot fashion from listening to the likes of Runrig (who are still big in Germany :confused: ) FFS check out the guitarist on the left of the pic (Fitba' shirt et al)...he looks like he comes from East Kilbride!

I still quite couldn't fathom them out but supect that they get a lot of bookings and thus make some decent dosh out of it... :nenau

Attachments

• 100_2835.jpg
    100_2835.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 465
Oonyack, sounds tempting. My Summer hols start that day. Mrs Swollocks is 6.5 months with Egyptian Flu, ( gonna be a mummy), so she couldnt really make it on the bike. I have already been up your way twice on the bike in the past few months, I will try my luck for a pass..... again.

I trust you can provide me with a note if necessary??

Betty Swollocks said:
I trust you can provide me with a note if necessary??

Dear Mrs Swollocks
It is most impotent that Mr Swollocks attends the Skye party, date to be confirmed without whom this event will fall flat on it's face as we need someone with his drinking skills to take the brunt of the slagging for the weekend.
Hope you are well as I haven't heard from you in over 6 and a half months :eek:
Yours
Oonyack

You tosser !!

I will be at Brands WSB & already have the tickets.

Organise something in Sept. when i'm up for the Pink Way Round, I'd love to come upto Skye for a night's camping.

:beerjug:

Party

That sounds just the ticket... :thumb

Needin a wee bit of an excuse to get out on the bike.

Braw :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Put ma name doon!!! :bounce1

5th of August it is

Camping pub Ceilidh bikes
whit else do you need apart from weather
The wee rock band is booked up till the end of Sept so not available
Itinery so far
Arrive when you want day before etc leave when you sober up mid sept
Can do some off road on the sat in the forestry some mud but mainly gravel for us hardcore types it's a short run couple miles max.
Blast round Skye Sat or Sun
Ceilidh in the hall Sat night with the Ardmore Ceilidh band Bring yir ain bottle that includes you Ronno :D
Ceilidh free
For those not wanting to camp
B&B
Brae Fasach 01470 592732
Darnbrook 01470 592 301
Stein Inn 01470 592362
Any repairs can be carried out in my shed Oil, Air, pull ties, gaffa tape string ,etc available.
This will be a local event as well as a GSER
And for Sillymoo Angan my nieghbour will brush his Hielan coo's and tidy them up for photies before you arrive.

FFS Oonyack! You and yer tales...

"We've got an AC/DC Tribute Band"

"No we dinnae..."

You'd have been as well advertising that The Beatles were going to make a guest appearance. :rolleyes:

The things that folk will dae to entice easily gulled folk like me...

...See you on the 4th then :thumb :beerjug:

P.S. I hope the Foo Fighters dinnae make an appearnace (as in Foo Folk A' Fightin' :D )

B**tard, I've just checked the diary and we've got people booked in that night. :( Have to see if we cam palm them off to somone else. :beerjug:

Moos for Coos

And for Sillymoo Angan my nieghbour will brush his Hielan coo's and tidy them up for photies before you arrive.[/QUOTE]

Hey there Johnny,
I will be talkin to my hubby :D -- a long talk about getting up to your "doo"!! Them thar coos are a great temptation..............but my word...the distance!! If we don't make it for the 5th -- we will try later on in Aug! Will yur neighbour have them brushed for then :clap ????
Speak soon............and in Aug we'll be in our camper van!! :bounce1 1970!! CAn't beat it!! :beerjug: Slow...... but thats a different part of life eh? :)
Moo :beer:

Back
Top Bottom