Can't Stop

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry chaps wont be able to get to the meet again this month ( is there one ?not seen the usuall post). Just back from Switzerland/Austria etc. And now off to the Lot valley at the end of the week. Its a job but, hard life :dance
Much route planning and bike stuff to sort before Fridays start.

Here are a couple of shots of the awfull :rolleyes: roads I have to put up with........
See you all soon.

Attachments

• lunch at the bottom..JPG
    lunch at the bottom..JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 99
  • swiss pass.JPG
    swiss pass.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Road from hotel Aust.JPG
    Road from hotel Aust.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Hard work this.jpg
    Hard work this.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Waterfall Glacier 3000.JPG
    Waterfall Glacier 3000.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 107
alass the Alps are such a nice place..

been loads of times...
looking for my first bike trip that way next year !! on the GSA :D

Home for a bit

Got home from the Lot valley on Sunday night. Was my last long trip this summer :tears . Mileage just over 11500 since left for Moscow in May just 10 weeks ago. Been through and stayed in most of the 16 countries (22 if you count number of visits, France 6 times, Germany and Austria 3 etc) and crossed the channel 6 times, bike still running but a bit rough and tyres still plenty of life but as square as a square thing despite getting the profile back in Switzerland :D .
Will try to get all the pictures from the trips in some sort of order and set about posting them could be a while as there are about 500. Not to many good road pictures in the last lot (sorry unintentional pun) :eek: but the run over to the Millau bridge was good using the smaller GS friendly back roads.
As for the now famous bridge it is every bit as spectacular and impressive as it looks and is destined to be a "place to see" on any bike trip down through France. The ride over is also not for those with a fear of heights, its ok in a car I suspect but out in the open on a bike you get a sence of the scale of it all and just how high it is.
Here are a couple of shots of the bridge on the way over.
Dave if you read this see if you can get the video you took as we went over posted on here, impressed :clap
Stayed in Cajarc and the old center of the town is definitely not pannier friendly but worth a meander through on foot of course. :rolleyes: followed by a glass or two of the local fruit juice :beer:

Attachments

• Early morning to the bridge.JPG
    Early morning to the bridge.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 54
  • winding road to Millau.JPG
    winding road to Millau.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 54
  • bike shot.JPG
    bike shot.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 52
  • old town 3 (Medium).JPG
    old town 3 (Medium).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 53
Welcome back !

Hi Ted,

Received some updates from home - glad things went/are going well.

Couple of things I need advice on - any chance of a bell.

John.

PS I owe you some sponsership money....

Back
Top Bottom