Starcom advance

ScottyKM

Reaction score
I fitted this a few weeks ago (about 3 days after getting the bike) to my GSA12,

no problems with it, does an outstanding job of amusing me on the long boring schlepp up the M1.

However, when i hit any kind of wind be it frontal, side or tail wind the darn thing cuts out due to it thinking i am talking,
it even does it when i pass trucks or vans :spitfire

I have tried turning down the vox to no avail, have moved the mic around the front of my shoei, on one trip in lincs i even moved the mic up onto the cheek pad!!!

the screen has been up and down like a yoyo but still no joy,

somebody help me,,

please :bow

Have you asked them Scotty?

I spoke recently to a guy in the tech department who was very helpful concerning wind noise and recomended a diff mike for my particular helmet - an Arai Tour X
Ray

RayS said:
Have you asked them Scotty?

I spoke recently to a guy in the tech department who was very helpful concerning wind noise and recomended a diff mike for my particular helmet - an Arai Tour X
Ray

So which mike??? I've got a Tour-X2 and have noted a little more noise ingress ... but most of mine seems related to the other halfs Arai Astro-J

Might be worth trying out ...

I purchased a spare headset (boom mic) with mine as the Tour X chin guard is further away from the mouth than normal lids - yet to give it a propper workout though ...

Back
Top Bottom