Feel like I've lost a limb

Mutley

Reaction score
Douglas, my Garmin Quest, has expired :tears :tears :tears

He was only two years old. He'd given sterling service in all weathers in the car, on the bike and on foot. Then, last Thursday evening, whilst driving down to Brighton, he couldn't find any satellites. :nenau

At first I thought it might be because of the Middle East situation, but my brother's Tom Tom was working fine. I had to use a map and then get someone to talk me into my destination on the mobile. It was like the stone ages all over again. :eek:

I have tried resetting him. I've tried telling him the location has moved. I've rung Garmin and they said he'd have to go back. No news yet, it's like sitting outside an operating theatre whilst a loved one goes under the knife. :confused:

So tonight, when you are raising a glass, spare a thought for Douglas and say a prayer :eek :beer:

Mutley, I’m so sorry to here about Douglas :tears

Be prepared for a shock :eek:

you might have to have a new one :)

Mutley1150 said:
Douglas, my Garmin Quest, has expired :tears :tears :tears

He was only two years old. He'd given sterling service in all weathers in the car, on the bike and on foot. Then, last Thursday evening, whilst driving down to Brighton, he couldn't find any satellites. :nenau

At first I thought it might be because of the Middle East situation, but my brother's Tom Tom was working fine. I had to use a map and then get someone to talk me into my destination on the mobile. It was like the stone ages all over again. :eek:

I have tried resetting him. I've tried telling him the location has moved. I've rung Garmin and they said he'd have to go back. No news yet, it's like sitting outside an operating theatre whilst a loved one goes under the knife. :confused:

So tonight, when you are raising a glass, spare a thought for Douglas and say a prayer :eek :beer:

I'm getting worried about you!

A feckin GPS named Douglas!

What sort of a name is that for a quest? Yours should be called Marg or Cynthia.

Get them to remove it's moustache, peaked cap and PVC suit before you have it back too.... :ymca

Douglas.... :confused:

dirtydog said:

What sort of a name is that for a quest?

DD , i happen to know yours is called Cecil :ymca

dirtydog said:

What sort of a name is that for a quest? Yours should be called Marg or Cynthia.
Now I am worried, I thought we were the only weird ones when my wife started calling ours Esmerelda... :eek:

Get well soon little GPS Douglas dude

It's for the best, Douglas has gone to a better place.

Via Garmin :D

My Quest is currently back at the 'hospital' cos its usb socket has come out

Last week, it suddenly couldnt find out where it was and remained somewhere in the North Sea, for about 30 mins :eek:

... and then suddenly was back home again.

Kick Douglas out of the house for a while, be patient and perhaps he will realise where he is ?
:D

The aerial socket on my sp3 came loose the other day.

So i took it apart , completely :eek:

only when it was in a million bits did i actually notice the BNC nut is on the outside :spank.

I think its a male thing that tells us that we need an excuse to render something unusable - but only after detailed examination as proof to SWMBO - that we need a new toy.

Anyway - its back together and working perfectly now :)

Thank you all for your sympathy

Well obviously except for dirtydog :dabone

Hopefully rumours of his demise have been greatly exagerated by some of you :nono

I will keep you all posted on Douglas' progress :beerjug:

dirtydog said:

Douglas.... :confused:

Last year a mate and I rode to Mugello and tried out a bike to bike intercom on the way. It was a good excuse to do all the 'Red Leader to Blue Leader' type jokes, 'watch out for the Hun' and all that .......

Douglas is called Douglas as he is the only member of the squadron without legs :D

My Kids called the GPS Wanda, because we never managed to get the same road twice. And did Wanda, r about quite a bit.

Then we got a new one it was called Rome!

I'll get my coat!!!!

Alas poor Douglas, I knew him well Horatio

:tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears

The sad news has reached me today of Douglas' final demise. He is no more, he is an ex-Quest. He has shuffled off this mortal coil, he has kicked the bucket. :(

:tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears

Back
Top Bottom