Combat Boots

Hew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For years now I have been wearing what I believe to be, British Army Issue, Severe weather Combat boots. These are Gortex lined and have been 100% waterproof (provided the tops were covered :eek: ) and are totally comfortable to do some walking etc. The only downfall is that they are a bit warm for hot days.
I originally bought them from the manufacturer Tuff in Bristol but they now say that they no longer make them.
Does anyone know of a similar boot and where to get them?

Have you contacted Silvermans in London. If anybody can help I'm sure they can. Don't have a link to their website but it should be easy for you to find :thumb

boots

if you cant get the exact boots try danna matterhorns or similar

Ive had mine at least 10 years (resoled a couple of times) 100% waterproof unlike most bike boots

still using them & will replace ,eventually with same

expect to pay in excess of £200

you are talking about Pro boots, only the infantry get issued these, evreyone else gets the standard issue boots combat High.
pay a bit more for "danner Boots" But pro boots are good.

Hew said:
For years now I have been wearing what I believe to be, British Army Issue, Severe weather Combat boots. These are Gortex lined and have been 100% waterproof (provided the tops were covered :eek: ) and are totally comfortable to do some walking etc. The only downfall is that they are a bit warm for hot days.
I originally bought them from the manufacturer Tuff in Bristol but they now say that they no longer make them.
Does anyone know of a similar boot and where to get them?

They`ll be the British army Proboots :thumb I had a pair & very good they were too although I used mine for trogging round in & not on the bike. Have a look on ebay for Proboots as theres loads on all the time :thumb http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BS-British-Ar...3QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11497QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Will these be the ones?

HiTec Magnums get my vote. :thumb

But not for riding a bike in... :nono

Hitec Magnums are the replacement MOD issue for infantry and Comm/SAS. They are uttery brilliant - I had to hand mine back in when I quit the TA and was well gutted :(

tarka said:
HiTec Magnums get my vote. :thumb

:nono

Which ones? Leather or 1150 Denier Nylon Upper?

Was never allowed to wear the nylon ones, they were cooler, but not fire resistant

Hi-jack

Got a brand new (well, worn twice) pair of Leather Magnum (Patrol) boots if anyone wants to pay £20 + P&P. UK size 9 which is probably why I can't get on with the bloody things ! These are the low boot with 4 eyelets and three hook thingies.

Onahi2002 said:
Which ones? Leather or 1150 Denier Nylon Upper?

Was never allowed to wear the nylon ones, they were cooler, but not fire resistant

I only use the nylon topped ones...I only wear them for off bike 'streetwear' because as I said earlier,I`d never ride in anything less than a motocross type boot because I want full shin and ankle protection.

My friend Kevin C has the leather ones,and he rode to the Stella in them,in atrocious weather,and didn`t get wet feet once,so he swears by them.

Top kit :thumb

Boots

Hi Mate,

Where did you get your boots locally, I've now signed on as Staff with the Air Training Corps, and need a pair, like yours

Wolfman

Wolfman said:
Hi Mate,

Where did you get your boots locally, I've now signed on as Staff with the Air Training Corps, and need a pair, like yours

Wolfman

Yo fella,

If you`re asking me,Callan in Whitechapel..Liverpool..always used to sell them...if he`s still there.

I got mine off t`internet.....Fleabay,actually.

I bought a pair of magnum pro's ( full leather ) 2 years and 7 months ago , the week before I bought my adv.

I bought them for riding in and to be 12 hours a day comfortable & they are ! Also they have never let a drop of water in .

I have worn mine probably 10-12 hours a day from the day I bought them ( I wear them with my suit at work - saves buying pair of posh shoes for off the bike ) To give an indication , I only own 3 pairs of footwear , the Magnums , merrel slip ons for the house and a pair of Nike's for running.

They have now worn at the heel and some of the inner material has collapsed.

If you are buying a combat boot I think they are the best you can buy .

However I feel the need to have a bit of extra protection ( coming up to my 40th !! ) on the bike , so I have ordered a pair of Alt-Berg Bandogs from the factory & collect them next week. Same style , exellent reputation & a bit of armour.

Well ... I'm finished,

H6

Thanks for all the links and recommendations :thumb
These gortex lined Pro Boots have been absolutely waterproof all the time I have had them. I've only had wet feet once and that was when my overtrouses rode up and the water went in through the top. :eek:
Its a long story but I've never found a pair of bike boots that are comfortable.

Magnums = Pants

they are ok for wandering round camp but thats about it, they offer the square root of bugger all in the way of support, the soles are nowhere near near as good as a good vibram sole and they make your feet sweat.
we got them issued for OT7 i wore them for a bit and wound up with a pair of meindl desert boots, paid for but 100% better.

as for waterproof boots the pro boot is back on issue but with a lot higher leg length, not quite as instant comfy az a pair of Lowa's but not bad for free!!!

just my 10p worth

Being somewhat of a fussy git over my footwear, I have tried many types of combat boots and the best I have found are LOWA. These are expensive but well worth the extra cost. they fit like a glove, are totally waterproof and come in either low or high leg sizes. LOWA's retail at about £140 new and take a bit of breaking in but once soft they are like wearing carpet slippers.

There is a traditional boot shop in Halifax W Yorks called B Aaaron who can supply fully reconditioned (almost new) Lowa's at about half price and these are a great bargin'

Well worth trying!!

Hope this helps

Chris :thumb

I use to be a infantry solider for a good few years, and the boots i swore by were my DANA boots.....bloody great.
Had a pair for the desert and for the "wetlands"
But they are very, very expensive to buy. But you get what you pay, right

I bought a pair of Desert Pro Boots for Iraq. Very very good boots. Much better than the issue desert boots, by far. But the Government have to go with the lowest price for the spec.
I have now got a pair of Rallye 2 Pro boots, they are good, comfortable and look the part, but, to be honest, what a palaver every time. I only wear them for longer trips. for general use i have to admit, i wear a boot very similar to the magnum boot (Nylon)

Back
Top Bottom