Pembrey Race Track

Lovey

On Friday, after much deliberation I decided to venture on a track day with my Gs1150 Adv Se. Pembrey was the chosen venue and I was accompanied by two friends, both sat astride their pure sports bikes. Needless to say my bike was the only trailie (only BMW as well!) and as such was the source of much conversation as I pulled up equipped with luggage and GPS! This was stripped before the sighting laps and the tyre pressures adjusted accordingly. In my minds eye I had envisaged being lapped continuously by speed happy wanna be racers. I was wrong on both counts. The day was organised by Focussed Events and was extremely well managed with a massive emphasis being placed on safety during the briefing. Much to my amazement and the embarassment of others, I found myself lapping more and more quickly with each session on the twisty circuit, passing GSX-R 750's and alike as the riders braked hard into the bends. It was an absolutely fantastic day and taught me a lot about the limitations of my machine and my riding abilities. I would recommend it to anyone. Yet again it reaffirmed what a fantastic bike the GS is as well as the fact that two many people buy sports bikes that are far two powerful for them!!!!!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom