Off road routes?

Gog yn y De

Reaction score
Just traded in my 12GS for a 12GSA which came with TCK's as standard. Feel I should get some use out of them before they get swapped for Tourances. Any recommended routes anywhere that are not too tricky and bog ridden? I'll be going on my own (perhaps pillion) so don't want to end up on my back in a ditch with the bike on top of me with no arriving help for weeks :(

We went around some forestry tracks in the Wye Valley a couple of weeks ago with the XRV boys - good riding not to challenging. I will find out exactly where and PM you. Also there is a mountian road in Elan valley that is open to motor vehicles but not sure where. We asked in the garage at Rhyader - the one that sells all the motorcross stuff they knew lots of places.

I'm 5 mins from the Berwyns now with loads of tracks on my doorstep. Corwen area

Any time you fancy going out give us a P.M. I'm only in Neath. 650 Dakar with TKC'S

Where in Wales do you fancy?

If you can give us some idea of the area which you want to ride in, a route could be suggested or even if it's an area where I am fimiliar with, I can meet you for a days worth of lanes.
Even the boggy lanes will be struggling to leave a signature on the underside of our mudguards thanks to this energy sapping heatwave of late.

Timpo said:
Even the boggy lanes will be struggling to leave a signature on the underside of our mudguards thanks to this energy sapping heatwave of late.

Yes I was riding around Llanarmon yesterday on the DR and most places were bone dry. Certainly makes it easier though :)

timolgra said:
Yes I was riding around Llanarmon yesterday on the DR and most places were bone dry. Certainly makes it easier though :)
But that's no good as there'll be no evidence that I've been off-road - just a coating of dust!

Thanks for all your advice. I'll act upon it once I know that I'm free on a given weekend.

Gog yn y De said:
But that's no good as there'll be no evidence that I've been off-road - just a coating of dust!

QUOTE]

It's not about what other people may think, but if you want get it 'really' dirty give me or Timpo :eek: a shout :D

Pricey has informed that the forestry we rode in was Wentwood. In Elan valley the Monks road is open for off road vehicles.

Sharrie
x

timolgra said:
I'm 5 mins from the Berwyns now with loads of tracks on my doorstep. Corwen area

so when you going to show me the new lanes you know that i've not done before ??? :D

sharribee said:
Pricey has informed that the forestry we rode in was Wentwood. In Elan valley the Monks road is open for off road vehicles.

Sharrie
x

ARE you sure about the MONKS road in the Elan vally? :eek ?? because i was told got a TRO on it full time !!! :mmmm

ktm525exc said:
so when you going to show me the new lanes you know that i've not done before ??? :D

Perhaps Timpo and I could get together and arrange something based at my place.....when the weather has cooled off a bit :cool:

ktm525exc said:
ARE you sure about the MONKS road in the Elan vally? :eek ?? because i was told got a TRO on it full time !!! :mmmm

Pricey seems fairly sure, he was told by the Suzuki garage in Rhyadaer who do lots of off road stuff - may be worth giving them a call. He thinks that it is only the bridge at Claerwyn Farm that has a TRO on it.

sharribee said:
Pricey seems fairly sure, he was told by the Suzuki garage in Rhyadaer who do lots of off road stuff - may be worth giving them a call. He thinks that it is only the bridge at Claerwyn Farm that has a TRO on it.
What's a TRO?

sharribee said:
In Elan valley the Monks road is open for off road vehicles.

When did the 'no motor vehicles' TRO get lifted by Powys CC?
I'd be very careful if your source of info wasn't Powys CC.
And if it is true, be very stringent in the choice of vehicle which you intend to try and get across this route.
Ask Timolgra to get the Chinook ready!

Monk's Trod TRO.

Sharribee, Pricey has been fed some wrong information.
I have just been in touch with Powys County Council's Highways Legal Dept and the Monk's Trod TRO is still in force and will be until November 30, where it will probably be reveiwed and renewed.
So, unlucky. But there still plenty of other splendid routes in the massive county.
Are you a member of any Trail Riders Fellowship (TRF) group?

Timpo said:
Sharribee, Pricey has been fed some wrong information.
I have just been in touch with Powys County Council's Highways Legal Dept and the Monk's Trod TRO is still in force and will be until November 30, where it will probably be reveiwed and renewed.
So, unlucky. But there still plenty of other splendid routes in the massive county.
Are you a member of any Trail Riders Fellowship (TRF) group?

:thumb Thanks Timbo I'll let him know - we only do a little bit off roading with the XRV forum boys. I would be a bit wary about taking my Transalp up anything other than a forestry track don't think my skills are up to much more and wouldn't want to damage my bike. Pricey is far more interested in off roading

Back
Top Bottom