1150 GS WILL NOT START

pauljones

My mates gs will not start, after washing it, it cut out never to run again. Bmw dealer took bike got it going told him some shit about water getting into the engine. The bike spluttered on for about 2 weeks. After parking it in the rain it will not start again.
After a few mins the battery gives up and he gets some nasty clicking noise , so he tells me.
ANY IDEAS BEFORE HE TRIES DEALER AGAIN.
CHEERS

not starting

Paul,
how was it washed by hand with a sponge or jet washed?
Was it running fine before he washed it? .
sometimes water gets in the sidestand switch,take it apart and clean it and give it a bit of WD40.
Has he had the tank off or done anything else before it started playing up?
The clicking noise is the starter seloniod, caused by his battery being flat!! not good for the battery or the seloniod.Try the above and post back.Andy

1150 GS

THANKS Andy, it was washed by hand, he rinsed off by tipping a bucket of water over the tank. Has never touched the tank,after charging the battery it seems to discharge pretty quick turning
the engine over trying to start it. I will mention the s.standswitch
to him and get back to you. CHEERS, Paul.

Check to see if the RID is on ( the HP sauce bottle for Petrol etc)

If the display is not on the safety protocol circuit is at fault
& could be the side stand switch

Is the bike in neutral ???

1150 gs

Is it possible to disconnect & bypass the sstand switch ?

The plugs are sparking, if the sstand was at fault would the plugs still spark ?

Re: 1150 gs

pauljones said:
Is it possible to disconnect & bypass the sstand switch ?

Yes it is. On my bike (1150 GSA 2002) the plug is under the tank, left side almost front. You can unplug it there and make a bypass.

Back
Top Bottom