So I took a right.

G.C.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, so I got to the end of my road and took a right. A few miles later I took the wee ferry and hit one of my favourite bits of road, 14 (fun filled) miles later I was in Strontian, my loose plan, formulated on the aforesaid “wee ferry” was just to head around to Glenuig, have a pint and then a wee blast home.
Then I saw the sign for Polloch !! ;)
83980486-L.jpg

It sort of went its own way from there.
83981304-L.jpg

83982609-L.jpg

The boat appeared interested in me ?
83983580-L.jpg

The track is about 18 miles short ;)
83983800-L.jpg

83988721-L.jpg

83988890-L.jpg

83990729-L.jpg

Then a wee blast home.
83990676-L.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed my wee bimble, about 2½ hours for just over 50 miles. :D

It is Aidan, ask Trev McD........
64969501-L.jpg

and please, someone going to Achill, will you take the lad a smoked sausage ;)
Have a great weekend Aidan :thumb

Thanks for the good wishes GC. We think we have everything ready. Will anyone turn up at all? Will they have a good time? Getting a bit nervy about it all now. :eek: :)

We had Trev down with us at the weekend and were out for a wee spin on Sunday. Mind you, he didn't look as scared as he does there. Or maybe he was. :D :D

Ah Strontian, lovely wee village , the gf has family up there. :thumb

Think it's named after some sort of ore, or the ore is named after the village. :)

It’s the later John :thumb

A crofting township in Sunart in SW Highland Council Area, Strontian lies on the north side of Loch Sunart near the head of the loch. In 1724 Sir Alexander Murray of Stanhope opened lead mines which were operated intermittently during the 18th and 19th centuries and in 1790 the settlement gave its name to the natural element Strontium which was first discovered here. The mines were last active in the 1920s but in the 1970s a barytes quarry was opened to provide drilling muds for North Sea oil wells. In the 1960s Strontian became a centre for local services, tourism and forestry on the route to Ardnamurchan from Corran Ferry. In 2003, the new Ardnamurchan High School opened in Strontian at the cost of £7 million.
You can see the entrance to the quarry on the first photo, top right.

Gonni no!!! :p

Due to the non stop barrage of abuse i have received since i spotted this post a while ago i have decided that i no longer wish to post on this site till after lunch! If the appropriate modsnrockers would please take me off this thing i can move on with my life. I will probably torch my bike as i have lost faith in it now :D

I know where yous live!!!

Nice pix and scenery, G.C. :thumb I also noticed that there was a lack of fag reek in the photos. A vast improvement in technique IYAM :D

Very nice. :thumb

I like the look of that trek G.C.

You'll have to point me in that direction in September, unless you would like to lead :clap

Nice Pics.....

G.C.

Got to hand it to you mate you can fairly find the oot oh the wa places,nice photo's as alway's :clap

Schultz

Can't wait!!

Heya G.C, :)
If we are able to do this move - :nenau - I look forward to a few jars and rides like that!! (not necessarily at the same time!!) What a spin eh?
Speak soon,
Moo :D
PS We're not going for the one I talked with you about --- WAY out of our league :( ........but still a-lookin!! :)

Back
Top Bottom