RIOSSI

David Price

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I saw a post here a few weeks ago suggesting that Riossi might be going down the toilet.

I read in MCN today that they have shut two more shops: Newton Abbott and Paddock Wood, so it might be happening

Regardless of them possibly going down the toilet the unfortunate fact is that they are 'toilet' - only good for buying discounted bikes or accessories. They are useless (in my experience) when it comes to service!

adamski49 said:
Regardless of them possibly going down the toilet the unfortunate fact is that they are 'toilet' They are useless

:eek: "and so say all of us" :eek:

There are some bargains to be had at the moment though, I recently bought £70's worth of Oxford tank bag for half price. Guess the fact that they are selling stuff off so cheaply could be an indication that all is not well.

it'll be a shame i s'pose, although my experience of them (particularly their bigger stores) has been RUBBISH! But, they have a tiny shop on Great Portland Street here in London which is conveniently located next door to where i work ;-) and where i've always found the staff very helpful. Bummer if that one goes.

And I can second the comment about the cheap stuff - there's some good deals to be snatched. If it had been my size i would have bought 300-odd quid Dianese jacket the other day for 100.

pr0ne

pr0ne said:
it'll be a shame i s'pose, although my experience of them (particularly their bigger stores) has been RUBBISH! But, they have a tiny shop on Great Portland Street here in London which is conveniently located next door to where i

Is that the one that was "Lewis Leathers" for over 30 years and then changed hands a few times recently?

FYI....

The Farnborough Riossi, which has apparently been closed for a couple of days now, is re-opening this Saturday as guess what...

INFINITY MOTORCYCLES !

My mate has his VFR in there for more warranty work... he's been told new name, new attitude...

Well we'll see.

Dave.

also...

a notice posted on the door of the Great Portland Street branch says:

'Closed for Stocktaking - open Saturday under New Owner'

but doesn't say who the new owner is.

Greg

Greg, I saw that too... I just hope the guys who have bought bikes from there get the dealer support they expect if there is a warranty issue...

My mate has had a continual problem with his VFR... cush drives..... bike bought from Motorcycle City, Farnborough.... then it was Riossi and now the new owners (Infinity) are saying they need Honda to accept all the liabilities...

What a nightmare...

Dave.

Dave McKelvey said:
Greg, I saw that too... I just hope the guys who have bought bikes from there get the dealer support they expect if there is a warranty issue...

My mate has had a continual problem with his VFR... cush drives..... bike bought from Motorcycle City, Farnborough.... then it was Riossi and now the new owners (Infinity) are saying they need Honda to accept all the liabilities...

Didn't Riossi have the Honda franchise removed from them?

They may be recognised as service agents for a while, but the new company is unlikely to retain this status.

Tell your mate to go to a pukka Honda dealer to get the issue resolved.

Dave said;
INFINITY MOTORCYCLES !
My mate has his VFR in there for more warranty work... he's been told new name, new attitude...
Been to the one in Hanger Lane & Guildford. Purchcased form Hanger Lane shop.

Good service, nice staff in both, so hope it works out for them.

They were all Aussies in both shops, which was interesting - be interesting to see how staffs this new shop. But they defnitely had a different approach to customer service - ie good!

my guess would be that there will be no staffing changes in shops that infinity take over - not in the short-term at least...

fingers crossed it all works out though, as my nearest dealer at work and a home WAS riossi, and both stores are being taken by infinity!

pr0ne

I've used Infinity for loads of stuff and have always found them to have really good staff that are genuinely interested in bikes and are very knowledgeable.

The area manager Stuart is a top guy and I'm sure that they will be able to turn around the shops that they take over.

Back
Top Bottom