Dolomites

red rocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all
Just trying to sort our Sept hols .
We often end up down on the med via various routes ie Switzerland etc for a stay of about 10 days at Agay near St. Raphael .
Last year we did the Stelvio this year I'd like to ride the Triommelsjoch and take in the Dolomites on route again to the med.
Couple or so questions can somebody advice what is the main area to head for in the Dolomites or an interesting route through them to the South of France.
We usually have a night at Bethune after an evening tunnel then across to Colmar next night.Past Freiburg & onto Chur Switzerland next stopover .Onto Austria or Italy etc via Davos then last year the Stelvio but this year was thinking of heading Innsbruck way via the A12 to pick up the B186 and possible stop at a hotel in Solden if anybody can recommend one somewhere around there.
From there it's to the Dolomites & my original question where to head for & from there which route for The Med.
Thanks in anticipation
:beerjug: RR

Hello Mate , i'm sure if you pm bs@ogri , Brian Stephenson ,he'll give you loads of advice . We were there in june/july this year , Germany , Austria , Italy , Switserland and Slovenia and unfortunatly France , went through the Alps and The Dolomites on various passes , still havant down loaded places and way points but Bri nows them all ( Ish )
P.S ......and Lavenio .
James :thumb

Try the following link which provides downloadable motorcycle maps of the Dolomites, and other fun mountainous areas.
I have printed some of these maps onto a single page of A4 and take them with me in the tank bag. I have ridden quite a lot of the marked routes and found them excellent. I often try and stay off motorways by taking a leisurely route across Europe linking routes on these regional maps.

http://www.uem-online.com/em/

red rocket said:
thinking of heading Innsbruck way via the A12 to pick up the B186 and possible stop at a hotel in Solden if anybody can recommend one somewhere around there.

Ian, when we did the Dolomites last year we stayed here. They only cater for bikers and are highly recommended. The owner has a bike and leads runouts every other day, on some cracking roads.

It's not far from Innsbruck and we used it as a base for about four days (the roads round about the hotel are very smooth and twisty :thumb )

You might spot my bike hiding behind one of those VFR things......

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 223
there is no shortage of hotels in Solden but I would recomend you go over the pass int0 Italy and stay in San Leonardo in Passinna at the bottom of the pass as it has loads of hotels and some nice resteraunts and bars. We stayed a couple of nights in San MArtino in Passina which is about 2 miles down the road in the Hotel Jager Han which was the best value hotel of our trip. Nice pool and sauna excellent breakfasts all for 35 Euro.

www.jagerhans.com

From there I would head ober the pass to Vipetino and then south to Chiusa and then look for signs to Val Gardena it is quite spectacular. Fronm there you just cant go wrong. Enjoy it we certainly did..... :cool:

Have fun

AndyT :beer:

MJS said:
Ian, when we did the Dolomites last year we stayed here.

It's not far from Innsbruck
Ian, as per PM I'm talking bollocks, it's near Bolzano not Innsbruck :mmmm

Back
Top Bottom