Autocom speakers in Shoei X-11 (X-spirit)

jimswms

Reaction score
Anybody done it? I've heard Shoei can be a bit of a pain.. Tips?

cheers from the US

Jim

PS I think X-11=X-Spirit in the UK?

Jim,

I've just bought 2 X Spirits for me & the wife and fitted the autocom speakers to them. Its actually really easy.

Just pull away the internal cheeck & head padding carefully. This should be attached to the main structure with little poppers. It is designed to be removed for cleaning so you will not damage the helmet at all.

Arrange the speakers in the ear recesses and feed the wiring behind the padding. You can then route the connection cable out of the helmet at the most convenient location.

Use insulation or duck tape to keep the wires in place and then re attach the padding.

You will then need to try the helmet on and adjust the position of the speakers to suit your ears. This is trail and error at first but if you play around with them you will eventually get the positions just right so they are comfortable.

When the speakers are fitted, the helmet feels a bit tight when putting it on but if you locate the speakers correctly, you will not feel them or any of the wiring once the helmet is on.

Easy - peasy and should only take about ten minutes - no cutting or anything involved. :thumb

hope this helps

Chris

not the same i know... but with my syncrotec i had to dremmel out a bit more out around the polystyrene at the ears to line the speakers up right for my ears

chrisB said:
Jim,

I've just bought 2 X Spirits for me & the wife and fitted the autocom speakers to them. Its actually really easy.

I second that man.

It took fewer than 15 mins to do it all.

I guess that the benefit of having a lining that's designed to be removed. If you're not confident about how to remove and replace the liners it would be worthwhile dropping in to your Shoei dealer to get them to show you. That way you can't make a cock-up.

Excellent helmet choice, BTW. Superb vents and quite lightweight. Shame about the price :(

I don't think there is as much space in the X-Spirit for speakers as in my Arai Corsair. I guess you will only find that out if you have to lever the helmet off your head with a crow-bar.

Think I'll have to sculpt out a bit of the poly-whatsit on the Shoei to get them into a recess.

Al :D

thanks. Got them in. Easy as most said. They are putting abit of pressure on my ears though. I may have to do a little shaving to the foam....

Back
Top Bottom