outdoor and camping gear - look no further

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For a brilliant outdoor shop have a look at Up and Under, Cardiff:

http://www.upandunder.co.uk/

I had to replace my walking boots in readinesss for the 3 Peaks event, wanted a pair of Scarpa Rangers and was quoted £140 at the YHA shop in the city centre ... £91 in Up and Under. SOLD!

They've got the lot, prices are well down compared to High St and the staff were fab, too ... spent an hour checking that my boot fitting was spot-on.
:beerjug:

Problem is its a huge shop fully of yummy kit and my plastic is nearing its limit ....
:(

Right, I'm off there right now, it better be good 'cos it's going to rain and it's quite a trek from here. Watch this space for a report.

Never listen to Retroman

I'm back from up and under, after a 200+ mile trip, and what a total waste of time. Nothing in the shop of any interest at all (apart from everything) The place is a pig to find (ok, it's a doddle to find) The staff don't know their arse from their elbow (but they know everything about camping gear and all the stuff in the shop) and they seem to think it's alright to be ultra helpful (have you ever had an indoor camping stove demonstration, interesting I thought)
The impression I got from the shop was that they all use what they sell, and they'll tell you what's what without being patronising. Top hole place to do your shopping.
Oh yes, and they helped us off with £140, Doh.

Back
Top Bottom