Tyres

ktm520

Reaction score
Ok so I've got the Orange version of the HP2.

But was wondering what experience you Hp2ers have of off road tyres.

after going out on Herts Lanes on the Super E, although the going was very dry the tyres were not as effective as the comp III's i'm used to on the 520EXC.

The super E came with Karroo 2's fitted as standard. Fine on the road but after half a day off road there were chunks missing out of the tread. Maybe they are a bit soft.

Anyway after the waffle what do you guys recommend for offroad?

on the HP2 the rear Karoo lasts about 3000 miles when used mainly on road.
Offroad, the rear will last 1 - 2 days. This is what I personally experienced in Aras Rural Spain. The instructor in Spain tried out the TKC80's and said they felt the same offroad as the Karoo, but they lasted more that twice as long.

On a previous bike I fitted Michelin Deserts. These tyres were/are used by the Paris/Dakar mobs. They lasted for ages both on and offroad, I think from memory over 10000 miles. They are hard as a rock, and are slippery on wet tarmac.

When my rear wears on the HP2 I will try out the TKC80's.

Karlz said:
on the HP2 the rear Karoo lasts about 3000 miles when used mainly on road.
Offroad, the rear will last 1 - 2 days. This is what I personally experienced in Aras Rural Spain. The instructor in Spain tried out the TKC80's and said they felt the same offroad as the Karoo, but they lasted more that twice as long.

On a previous bike I fitted Michelin Deserts. These tyres were/are used by the Paris/Dakar mobs. They lasted for ages both on and offroad, I think from memory over 10000 miles. They are hard as a rock, and are slippery on wet tarmac.

When my rear wears on the HP2 I will try out the TKC80's.

I can believe that the Karroos only last 2 days. Mine was severly chipped and scarred after a couple of hours. I'm tempted to go for the deserts.

Back
Top Bottom