Autocom set-up

R1150GS Kid

I bought an Autocom Easi 7 advance at the Ally Pally show a few months ago now.

I've got a few problems with it and perhaps some one could give me some advice:

1)I find that at over 60mph I get quite a lot of amplified wind noise when I have a pillion using the system as well. This gets very annoying, to the point where I want to unplug it when cruising at 80mph

2)Also when using the phone I have to slow down to 60mph to have a reasonable conversation otherwise its not too clear (this i linked in to the first problem)

I've spent quite a long time setting the system up (so the microphone is nice and close etc. but still this problem persists.

I am planning a trip to Southern France soon so want to fix this if possible, or do i need to upgrade to the higher spec system??

Has anyone got any ideas???

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Two suggestions, with regard to the wind noise, if you are using open face helmets, Autocom supply little foam hats for the mike, which cut out this problem to a great extent.

Additionally or If you are using full face helmets you probably have the VOX set to low so that the mike are open all of the time. Tune it so that you have to speak a little louder than normal to open the vox and you should find that it is OK.

With regard to the volume, have you got the speakers mounted correctly. They really are VERY sensitive to position even 5 or 6 mm out can make the world of difference, the cable should exit towards the back of the helmet, also depending on the helmet make, Autocom supply foam pads to fit behind the speaker to bring them closer to your ears.

Certainly on my system I can have a normal conversation on the phone or with my passenger at very illegal speeds (on a private track using a professional rider of course).

Hope this is of some help

Same here on the sound... positioning was of primary importance when setting it up. It takes a while of "not quite right" before you find that sweet spot. As for high speeds? They've testing these things at +150mph with no problems... should be ok for a GS! Although with all the "buffeting" problems you guys seem to experience, it's a wonder they work at all:D

Thanks guys for replying. The problem isn't that its too quiet, just that there's so much amplified wind noise when over 60mph, which affects conversation to pillion and on the phone.

I have the cheaper version of the autocom, so I have no VOX setting etc to play with. Has anybody else used this budget system with success?

Andrew

auto com

hi andrew
I have an easy com it take a long time to set up you could try puting a foam scouring pad over the mike
the place where you fit the auto com unit is important auto com recomend that you fit it to the back of the bike away from the bike electonics get the power pack as well as the unit eats batteries other than that talk to autom the great people
cheers nobby

autocom

I have the cheaper version of the autocom, so I have no VOX setting etc to play with. Has anybody else used this budget system with success?

Andrew [/B][/QUOTE] Ring Autocom, they are very good at sorting probs like yours.
John

Back
Top Bottom