Unlock codes for upgrade disc

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've got a C320 Garmin for the car...it came with City Select V7 Europe.

Contacted Garmin who have sent me a free upgrade to City Navigator NT+ Europe V8 (thats what it says on the CD box)

Installed it on the laptop.. but when I go into mapsource it says that v8 is locked .. then sends me to the unlock wizard
I'm assuming the 25 digit unlock code that came with the original unit is the one it wants, so I put that in.. message comes up that the unlock is successful...

only the same message then comes up saying that v8 is locked and i need the unlock code :confused:

Should the update disc have come with its own unlock code or am I just thick (or both)

Any advice would be appreciated...

Bryn

I have the problem in reverse. There are 2 upgrade disks/you need the non NT version. I have a new 2720 with NT installed/recd. the non NT disk and got the same msg. when I tried installing it. Good luck to us both. :beerjug:

Thanks for the reply... so they've sent me the wrong one? it says on the box " this update is for the Street pilot c320 allows for updating preloaded factory preloaded maps and seperate accessory cards" etc...

whats the difference then?

Bryn :thumb

you should be able to generate a new unlock code from the Garmin website
give me a call on 07909 685855 and i may be able to explain better :eek:

gypsy said:
you should be able to generate a new unlock code from the Garmin website
give me a call on 07909 685855 and i may be able to explain better :eek:

Thanks for that! but I've just managed to do it :D

Went onto the Garmin site, and got a new unlock code.. took a bit of sorting but now it appears to be working

Marty... Can't you do the same?

Bryn :beerjug:

No, there are two versions of the US-V8. They sent me the wrong one. Should have the NT version in a few weeks/not terribly important. Guess it just pertains to the 2720 vs. the 2610.

Glad you sorted yours.

Back
Top Bottom