Garmin.... Customer Service...

charlie b

Reaction score
Having had slow processing and poor sat lock with a new Quest 2, I called Garmin and got a return arranged 2 weeks ago. Included a letter outlining my disappointment with it and requesting not a tweak/repair but an upgrade to perhaps a 2610 that would simply work better. (a thought posted by Twotter who had similar probs with a Quest 2, returned it and got an upgrade, thanks Mr Twotter, good suggestion!!).

Old Quest returned last Monday, with a wait of 10 days I was advised, before they could attend to it so I forgot about it until a courier delivers me a box this morning containing...

a brand new StreetPilot 2720.!!!!
:bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Very impressed, as several people have said on this site, they are a good company to deal with.
Seems to be the case.
Thankyou Garmin :thumb

post code

Here's a post code for you to look up: UB4 9TB. I should be moving the boat there next Sunday evening. See you there after that. If you get lost, give us a call for directions! Dougie

charlie b said:
Very impressed, as several people have said on this site, they are a good company to deal with.
Seems to be the case.
Thankyou Garmin :thumb

As posted elsewhere on the site, I have had similar service from Garmin. If only they would get someone to answer the phones there they would be the best example of customer service I have ever experienced - no quible, just get it sorted :thumb :clap :bow

You are currently position 22 in the queue :rolleyes:

Once you get through they are very helpfull. Even when you call them on the minute the lines open you have to wait half an hour to get answered.

Unlees you have an Aviation unit. :rolleyes:

blues n twos said:
Unlees you have an Aviation unit. :rolleyes:

Oh sorry mate, thought it was......................Anyways, now I've got you :D

blues n twos said:
Even when you call them on the minute the lines open you have to wait half an hour to get answered. :rolleyes:
Yes, I know. It does seem to be one thing that lets this company down at the moment. I rang when they opened and was holding for almost 50 minutes to have a short conversation with customer services so yes, a bit frustrating. :rolleyes: More people / lines would improve things a lot I'm sure.
However, after finally talking to them they dealt with my complaint very properly and upgraded my unit without quibbling or charge... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just a pity about the phones.....

I have to agree with the comments above. I had to return a 2720 after some numpty broke it :mmmm Getting through on the phone to get the RMA no. took forever but the service from the office itself was first rate. (Didn't get an upgrade to the 2820 but hey-ho!)

Back
Top Bottom