Quest 1 address question...

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been having trouble getting addresses lately on my Quest.

The other day I was looking for a road in Higham in Kent and it kept coming up "no matches found"

I know the road exists :rolleyes: So I manually found the road on the mapping on my laptop and created a route that way.

Why does the unit or the laptop not find addresses, when if I manually find them they are there :nenau

I'm probably doing something stupid wrong but could not find the answer on the search.

Jon :beerjug:

Usually because of a minor mistake or difference.....searching for west hill road rather than westhill road for example, or maybe in this case the adress might have been known as xyz street strood rather than as you'd think of it, xyz street Higham.

it can be a PITA sometimes, but try expanding the search like that...try the name and 'Strood' instead, or maybe even Rochester.

PS What was the road....I'll see if I can find it and tell ya how ;)

I entered the town first and chose the Highanm in Kent then entered school in the street name field and it gave me this........

Attachments

• ScreenShot020.jpg
    ScreenShot020.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 100
Whatton said:
I entered the town first and chose the Highanm in Kent then entered school in the street name field and it gave me this........

Yup, mine too.

Oddly though, the 'search all cities' brought up 'School lane close, Moss Pit, Staffs...without even listing hundreds of school lanes.

I hit 'done' on 'school' and scrolled down to select 'school lane' and that's all it found :nenau

Thanks guys,

I will have another play tomorrow.

I remembered it came up with dozens of "schools" but no school lane :nenau

Jon :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom