Oxford Harley (oops) GS Meet Up

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time we got together again and found some beer and grub at a hostelry somewhere. Howsabout meeting on Thursday 24 August at The Turf in Oxford; the grub's not great but we could head on for a ruby afterwards. Plenty of decent bike parking on Broad Street - always spaces.

OK - let's scrub the Turf.

Clive's suggested here - so I suspect that's a proper recommendation!

Why not go for there on Thursday 24 August?

I may not be doing any off roading on the HD though, might get me tassles durty :ymca

Can it be the 25th??

don't get back until morning of 25th :(

MMC said:
Time we got together again and found some beer and grub at a hostelry somewhere. Howsabout meeting on Thursday 24 August at The Turf in Oxford; the grub's not great but we could head on for a ruby afterwards. Plenty of decent bike parking on Broad Street - always spaces.

if there s plenty of "decent bike parking" - does'nt that rule out harleys ? :D :D :D :D :D

Only Joking I love Harleys, very classic ;)

Oxford Harleys (oops) GS Meet

MMC said:

if there s plenty of "decent bike parking" - does'nt that rule out harleys ? :D :D :D :D :D

Two Wheels Good - Four Wheels BAD - Animal Farm - SIC.

Slim Shadies Back said:

Two Wheels Good - Four Wheels BAD - Animal Farm - SIC.

Thats so good, why don't you repeat it :D

MMC said:

And :ymca fixed wheel cycle owners also welcome... ;)

Like to join ...

... Y'all for a brew and to kick a few tyres Aug 24th, Oxford area, subject to the usual caveats (Civil War, Act of God, Plague of Locusts, early closing at Asda etc.)

... Keep details posted and hope to see you there ... erm ... wherever the fack where is!

Maybe I should bring my Harley too, as a kind of 'go-between' ?! :rob

simonthepieman said:
Maybe I should bring my Harley too, as a kind of 'go-between' ?! :rob

That's a kind offer! I may have to take BTBR's advice and cycle in on the fixie. The Sofa's running like an utter bitch at the moment. Bloody carbs.

i would like to come along!

Can you confirm time and place
I'll be coming up the A34

dipps said:
Can you confirm time and place
I'll be coming up the A34

George and Dragon at Upton (see link at top of page) :thumb

A34 - Didcot
Turn left (signposted Wantage)
Approx 2-3miles
at roundabout turn left towards Reading/Streatley
You'll go through Upton and the pub is on the right

Or take the Harwell junction but I i'm not sure about that :nenau

Directions are from memory, But I don't often get lost :nenau Yet :D

Shep

I'd like to make it, can't do week day meets though (work nights). :(

g+d or the turf??....loz :confused:

Do I detect ...

... A slight bias in favour of the George & Dragon at Upton? Would be fine for me either way, wherever the gathering occurs and should the mood take us, I'm sure it would make a good opportunity to natter about further future locations, there's no shortage of beer in Oxfordshire! :beer:

... Is there a suggested kick-off time?

24th? Upton? :boozer

Is that confirmed then :beerjug:

I've always wanted to be in a pub full of tossers :ymca

OK. Ill stick me neck out.

Im gonna be at the G&D Upton at 2000hrs on the 24th ON MY BIKE COME RAIN OR SHINE :thumb

Maybe do the Turf next time.

Who's in?

and who knows the off road route from newbury to didcot?

:beer:

simonthepieman said:
and who knows the off road route from newbury to didcot?

Erm, I do :thumb

Although one of the sections has a TRO at present.

What will you be riding ? and what time could you be at J13 Services (e.g.) ?

Back
Top Bottom