varmin V

Deleted Member

that pesky varmin V, up until recently it's been an absolute godsend. Best pocket gadget after the mobile phone. But...

Downloaded updated software and now it won't locate any satelites!
New antenna in the post just incase, then it's back to Garmin. Who incedentally said downloading and installing new software should be idiot proof and should not effect hardware, so it wasn't my fault (phew!)
Been reliable as stink upto this point, just glad I'm not in middle of Africa.

Keep you posted.

Alan
I had this too - give it some time - with mine it took about five minutes but it sorted itself out . I think it is because the new software is defaulted to Seattle in the US so the unit has to relocate itself on the planet and it takes a fair old time to do this. Mine is fine after much cursing and panicing....set it up in your back garden and then go and make a cuppa - you may find it's ok when you come back later.
If this doesn't work try a simple 'find' in your area and tell it to 'go to' this may shake out the bug too.
Good luck
Gecko

Mine is fine, although it's starting to turn itself off more regularly now - I think this has something to do with batteries and vibration... power lead required ASAP

Adam

much cursing and picnicking

No Joy. I left it in the gardinn for an hour plus with new antenna and held down 'page' button as I turned it on (to overide auto off) but no good so it went back to the garmin brothers today.

Tech at Garmin seem helpful and easy to contact direct by phone but they said about two week turn around.

Watch this coordinate...

p.s.

Adam, did you get the anti vibration gizmo with yours?

A sort of spring loaded figure of eight to take up and battery bounce when riding on the rough.

Heard of this problem but never had the vibe problem with mine.

Back
Top Bottom