UKGSer East Midlands event.

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Have any of you thought of taking a run over to the UKGSer East Midlands event? Details here.

I have already pre-booked for the Saturday night as I can't get any more time off work this year. :( But it's only £20 for camping and a hogroast.

My plan is to sail from Dublin on Saturday morning to Holyhead arriving about noon, head on down to Leicestershire arriving around 5 or 6pm. Leave the event about noon on Sunday and back up to Holyhead for the HSS to Dun Laoghaire which goes at 6.30pm.

It's just over 200 miles from Holyhead to the event site via the A55, M56, M6, A50 and M1, so this is a very do-able plan. :moped:

The cost with Stena online is €115 return (£78), Irish Ferries is only €100 (£68) but the IF ferry homeward leaves Holyhead at 3pm which makes for an early start from the event after a nights drinking. :confused: I intend ringing Nutt Travel tomorrow to find out how much they would charge.

Given the number of Tossers who come over to support events here in Ireland it is only fitting that we should try to gather up a posse to attend a major event over there. The poor feckers won't know what hit them. :D :D :eek:

Remember that all profits raised at this event will go towards Breast Cancer Care, so as well as having a great weekends craic your hard-earned will do some good as well. :thumb :bounce1

If you are interested in going on this run please post to this thread.

Thank-you.

A contingent from over the water would be most welcome :thumb

Its looking at being one of the best ukgser events so far...... :beerjug:

Plenty of room to camp and HOT SHOWERS!

Bryn :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Bugger, bugger, bugger :(

Thats the w/e of my BM off-road course :bounce1 but I would've loved to go across with you ;)

Given the number of Tossers who come over to support events here in Ireland it is only fitting that we should try to gather up a posse to attend a major event over there

:thumb :thumb You're right. And it was after the brilliant Achill turn-out by the tossers from across the water that I felt we should try to reciprocate. Unfortunately this ones not for me but surely there's a few others that can go across ;) All we did for the Hograost was send them Wizard FFS :D

Form an orderly queue behind Aidan there lads :clap

Thunder said:
And Tuned In as well, hell it needed the pair of us to keep an eye on you! :D

This from a man who couldn't speak by 6pm Friday :rolleyes:

I'm going over on the Friady morning on the DR, so you'll probably pass me somewhere near Chester :eek:

Mr & Mrs Thunder and myself will be on the 18.30 HSS from Holyhead on Sunday evening. What about yourself?

It's also possible that TrevMcDev will be on the same boat on his way home from France. I'm hoping to meet up with him somewhere in England on the Sunday about noon.

Aidan1150 said:
No-one else up for a quick raid across the shuck then?

Trying to organise free time for this one Aidan.Will let you know closer to the time one way or the other.

big fella said:
Trying to organise free time for this one Aidan.Will let you know closer to the time one way or the other.

Good man Tom. :thumb

Are you planing on going out on the Friday or the Saturday?

Not sure yet Aidan.If there is a gang going saturday i suppose i would op for that.I went over on the early ferry one saturday last year to pick up a bike in Stroud and still made it back to Birmingham for a rally at about 6pm so as you pointed out Leistershire is a whole lot closer to the ferry and is easily do-able.

big fella said:
Not sure yet Aidan.If there is a gang going saturday i suppose i would op for that.

Mr & Mrs Thunder and Wizard are going out on the Friday. So far there is just myself going out on the 8.30am Stena on Saturday morning. :confused:

Unless of course there's anyone else thinking of going? :nenau

All you guys are very lucky to be able to plan to go somewhere weeks in advance ( kids must be grown up :cool: ), I would love to go but schoolbooks and uniforms cost a small fortune in our free education system :D .

Back
Top Bottom