A GOLDEN opportunity better than a lotto win

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Hello Lads n Ladies,
For those of you that dont know me, me name is Joe I work as a motorcycle instructor in Dublin a job i love, but i also love travel my last trip was to south america see here www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90
This trip changed my life i was awarded the "motorcyclisted of the year" by David Neely and got a good bit of press which enabled me to get the job that i do at present. I have trained hundreds of people and some of them are on their own adventures at the moment in Africa, Nepal and Cambodia.

So I am now planing me next trip its overland to India, leaving from the Achill Island meeting at the end of July 07, I plan to ride through France, Switzerland,Italy then ferry to Greece, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan and then India, Nepal, India. Following the withdrawal of the north-east monsoon.

Well now you are probably saying to yourself "very interesting but whats that got to do with me?" Well i am looking for a riding partner. You dont have to be the best rider in the world because believe me i am no where near great. Your bike does not have to be brand new or have the latest gizzmo my moto is a R1100GS 96 with over 120,000 miles up on it and believe me you dont have to be rich the only things i own in this world are me moto and a tent. All that you have to have is the willness to try, the trip is in my heart so i know i will do it and i am offering you the chance to do it to.

The only way i was able to complete my last trip was down to the help i recieved from the friends on this site, some i have had the pleasure of meeting others are friends i still have to meet.

I have some sponsors already and should get some press which may include a tv doc company but this is still at a very early stage.

So there you have it something to think about while having your lunch tomorrow, any of you lads n ladies wish to add anything to this post you are more than welcome, I have asked Aidan to make it sticky for two weeks.

And if anyone is interested in a wee trip to India I will arrange a get together in Dublin on the 27th August to talk things over and answer any questions.
In the mean time heres a good post by Sam Manicom on horizonsunlimited to wet your appetite.
www.horizonsunlimited.com/country/india/howtoindia.php

ride safe
joe aka
jose el celta

Sounds like a great trip Joe....I'd be very interested if I wasn't up to 'other things' ;)

One minor point..you don't mention how long the trip will take...could be very important for your prospective partner ;)

Good luck with it :thumb

Fanum said:
Sounds like a great trip Joe....I'd be very interested if I wasn't up to 'other things' ;)

One minor point..you don't mention how long the trip will take...could be very important for your prospective partner ;)

Good luck with it :thumb

Good point Fanum, I was thinking maybe a week and a half should do it :D :D
I woulld like to be in Bangalore on the 12th Dec (one of the resons for the trip all will be come clear) and then spent christmas in India and then return in the new year.

Now that's the most interesting post I've read in a long time!

Would love to go but have a new baby on the way in 4 weeks and not sure how things are going to pan out over the coming months. Planning a trip in March 07 to muck around in the Sahara again.

Would love to meet up regardless if I can go or not just to talk about overland trips and future plans.

Joe,

wish tae hell I was in a position, but I'm not :eek:

Best of luck anyways..... and bring us back a stick of rock :thumb :D

Jaysus Joe I'd love to go with ya :bounce1 - but I think there'd be a dim view taken at home ;) :(

Fair play to you :thumb and I wish you all the 'luck of the Irish' both with the preparation & the journey :D :D

If there's anything we can help you with just shout :beerjug:

Thread stickied for you Joe. If there's anything else I can do for you just give me a shout. :thumb

Like all the others I'm jealous, but only because I know I wouldn't be able to go. :(

All the very best.

Aidan1150 said:
Like all the others I'm jealous, but only because I know I wouldn't be able to ride that far without having to wait for Jockser all the feckin time :dabone

As someone else says 'Fixed it for ya' :D :D

mmmmm! Interesting. Like sugarcube, I have a big event happening in about 8 weeks.

I also have a milestone birthday 6 weeks after that, so Mrs Swollocks will owe me a grand number of Brownie points for that.

The how long question is what I am thinking. I do hope to do something big next year and this has made my ears prick up.

Originally Posted by Aidan1150
Like all the others I'm jealous, but only because I know I wouldn't be able to ride that far without having to wait for Jockser all the feckin time :dabone

Feckin' Mods :anger I knew the power would go to your head :tosser :p

Feck it why not

Joe
I like the sound of this, but Dublin on Aug 27th now that's a real tough trip. Work owes me a six month break, the kids are adults and the 82 G/S in the shed could be the bike - with a wee bit of work. Is a 53 year old man in your person specification?
Motorcycling for some time but no long adventure trips. Have traveled to out of the way spots as a mountaineer, off to South Georgia and Antartica in Nov. Overland to India, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Feck it why not!

Joe

Best of luck with the new adventure,look forward to reading the blog and viewing the photo's. :thumb

Ride safe

Schultz

(Formerly known as Klinger besides other thing's)

GerryC said:
Joe
I like the sound of this, but Dublin on Aug 27th now that's a real tough trip. Work owes me a six month break, the kids are adults and the 82 G/S in the shed could be the bike - with a wee bit of work. Is a 53 year old man in your person specification?
Motorcycling for some time but no long adventure trips. Have traveled to out of the way spots as a mountaineer, off to South Georgia and Antartica in Nov. Overland to India, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Feck it why not!

Nice one Gerry,
Thanks lads for the support, I just got word today that I will be away on a course the weekends of 26th-27th August and the 2nd-3rd Sept but will be free Sunday 10th Sept for a get together, so if that date suits it will be then, everyone welcome.
have just sent me forms of for the carnet so should get a price in a few weeks, should be back by the 10th.
Thanks again lads and will see some of you'se on the 10th Sept
joe
on the road sure ya ave to :D

possible for me, fantastic India..

Hi Jo,
I m in Paris,
I m going to Mumbay,
planing to leave last week of August.
Should we consider it ?
I have to ride my Bullet to Goa.

I could meet with you in Dublin begining of August,
for a good talk about it.
You will realise that my englinsh is worst than what you think.

I m a photographer, 36.
I ride on a GSA 12,
done few trips in Europe and Africa.

Me I own more than a moto and a tent:
I also own a disposable camera.

Let me know.

Stéphane

Hi Jo,
I m in Paris,
I m going to Mumbay,
planing to leave last week of August.
Should we consider it ?
I have to ride my Bullet to Goa.

I could meet with you in Dublin begining of August,
for a good talk about it.
You will realise that my englinsh is worst than what you think.

I m a photographer, 36.
I ride on a GSA 12,
done few trips in Europe and Africa.

Me I own more than a moto and a tent:
I also own a disposable camera.

Let me know.

Stéphane

Hi Stéphane,
Sorry mate been and done...
but if you have a few pound cash and
you want to employ a guide... well i'm your
man...:)if you need any help with your planed trip
send me a PM and will help you as much as i can...
joe
ps me english is crap as well

Sounds interesting ! .. I am planning to do same journey in reverse (bikes are in Delhi)
This year (Jan / Feb) , we did the breadth and length of India - 5,500km in 4 weeks on the road ...... survival on the roads in India means a "different" attitude to driving ... hmm
Have fun:)

..... and you have to be very observant and spots things like dates !:toungincheek

Back
Top Bottom