(mill bmw) in boldon tyne & wear

Hi
Two of us from the Honda VFR Club have just bought GSs from Mills. Evenflow picked up his Graphitan 1150GS last week, but my Adventure is not due for delivery until July. All the staff, sales, parts & service seem very helpful, but it's a bit early for me to judge on actual performance yet!
Regards,
Charles

Never used them personally,but I keep hearing mixed tales.
Try Rainbow BMW for one of the most respected,in the North of England.

mill garage

bought my gs from mills the most annoying thing is that when you phone and you cant speak to sales there and then you get told someone will ring back but rarely do i know its a small complaint but when things need sorting you expect call backs other wise a good dealer sales lads are good service dept' good

more to the point has anyone part x a lime green 1100gs on a p reg for a new adventure within the last 3 weeks. :confused:

Paul & Alistair are ok guys, bought 5 Bikes from Mill, PX price is issue, they appear to be restricted by Management as to what they can do. Push them for what you want, can't get it walk away,Courtesy Bike and Coffee always on offer, Friendly banter , what do you want ? Just PX'ed my R1150GS for GSA on Wednesday.
Saw R1100GS looked ok, why not ask for previous owners details and give him a ring?
Hope this makes sense as just in from Nightclub!

NOT RECOMMENDED !!!

I bought an 1100S from them which had a leaking fork seal.
Took them 2 attempts and 7 days to fix, (it needed a new fork leg, the old one was deformed!) then had a big argument over the approved used BMW warranty. Eventually resolved i.e. I refused to pay.

Foolishly, I ordered a new GS. (BTW the part-ex offer was shit). Everytime I enquired about a delivery date, I was told a different story. Eventually, I'm told that the bike is due in ... but did I really want the heated grips like I'd ordered? I could go on in more detail but ultimately I told them to forget it.

IMHO Mill (Boldon) is not a true bike dealer. It is a bike showroom attached to a car franchise. Paul and Alistair are nice guys and I still pop in for a chat. But I am certain that they are restricted by the larger corporate structure.

I was offered £600 more for my part ex at Allan Jefferies and £200 more at Rainbow. I now have a s/h 11GS from Jefferies and I am very pleased with the bike, the deal and the service.

Forewarned is forearmed, there are alternatives.

I bought a R850R from them 2 years ago, within a few days it developed tappet noise. They took the bike in for repair then at 17:00hours I got a call from them to pick the bike up. When I arrived the salemen were cleaning a R1100R they said would I like a swop, I thought they were kiddding, the 1100 was a year younger,and had ABS, so we changed, no money changed hands starnge atmosphere, something fishy dealers do not do that sort of thing. I had calls from the BMW asking if all was ok etc, anyway I have just bought a R1150GS 2000Model from them I was supposed to pick it up at noon, then a call saying there was a delay, so it was going to be 15:00 hours when I got there it took 3 hours to conclude the deal, I have a problem with corrosion on the wheel rims which I will take up with them on my return from abroad, as far as the salesman I went round two or three days later and they could not lift there heads to speak, so I have mixed thoughts. Not Impressed. :mad:

Would`nt touch them with a bargepole

All smiles and friendly when they`re selling but just try and get some action out of them after they`ve got your money.

They still ring me occasionally to try and get me to swop for a new one....and afterwards they wish they had`nt.

I`d go to Rainbow if I was you...it might be a trip for you but you wont regret it.

Bought one GS Adv from them last year, and it seemed to spend most of its life getting fixed.
Usual problem was they book it in, order parts , but not check what had parts arrived until day of appointment, ie tank wasnt an adv one just an unpainted blank, Next time fork bridge swap, R1150R one turned up... stupid stuff, also they jet washed off my rear stickers..
Worst of all, swapped rear swing arm and brake hose under recall and I suspect either fooked the rear hub bearing or failed to spot they were goosed (10K miles). just prior to a trip to spain, I got back and a.n.other garage pointed the 3mm play in rear.... wunnered why it felt edgy at speed, I'd put down to panniers an top box upsetting bike. Either way , its all show an little go.

PS the courtesy bikes are always running on vapours when picked up... wheres the courtesy in that, one had flat front tyre too.

Mill BMW

Rock bottom prices for trade-ins!

When I was there, three guys were getting valuations for trade ins.

With a little listening in, I heard the prices they offered. Suffice to say they were all low!

Trade-in prices ...............low

Contacted them a couple of weeks ago,regarding selling my 2002 1150GS.
They were lowest by £2000 and only offered £4500 for my 18 month old bike with ABS and Heated grips.
Suffice to say that they wouldn't be making a mug out of me...........
I would avoid like the plague.
They had GS and ADV's in stock and ready to sell...........no waiting list...........suprise........suprise.

No wonder Rainbow is sold out completely of new GS's and has a waiting list for 2004.
With dealers like this they have no competition............!!!

Mill BMW (Bolden)

I have just attempted to set up a deal with Mill to part X my K1200LT for a new GS. They offered me below bottom book price for a bike with just over 9000 on the clock and in immaculate condition. Bottom book being 6500 for a bike with 20000 miles on. The offered 6000! You can understand that they are in business to make a profit but to be so short sighted as not to be able to see what business present and future they are losing.

mill

i would rather coat my cock in chocolate and stick it in a tigers mouth than ever have to go back to mill!!!

Mill Bikes Boldon

Lads in the showroom bend over backwards before you part with the cash and i'm glad to say its the same after the sale. Had a couple of teething problems which Steve sorted quickly and efficiently.
Highly recomend them !
P.S.
Courtesy bike was spot on, and it was full of juice.:D

Back
Top Bottom