Does sidecars count as other.....

(RIP) maverick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
bikes then :D

Recently aquired CJ750, already replaced the wheelbearings after 280 miles but been good so far the next 300 miles :thumb

cj750%20006_std.jpg

Sorry the pup is compulsary as it is her ride mainly :eek

cj750%20009_std.jpg

Thinking of going pearl white and lots of chrome in two years time on this beast. Currently just pimping it with stickies :cool:

Double Entry

:eek:
Also in the Guzzi Thread.

Maverick, I see you like yours on the other side. :D
What is it like on the road?
Had you been on a sidecar before?

It looks really interesting.

Geno
Is that a Squire you have.

Attachments

• Guzzi and Cambridge.jpg
    Guzzi and Cambridge.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 285
The ould doll is me mother ,so please forgive photo .Its a Hedingham XL ,great set up ,Lots of fun .

Hew said:
Maverick, I see you like yours on the other side. :D
What is it like on the road?
Had you been on a sidecar before?

Bought it like that and it is down right scary on the road :eek: :D Need to send a telegram ahead to let everyone know you intend to brake in time :confused:

First sidecar ever, bought it on fleabay and drove it down from N. Yorkshire in one go.....only took me 12 hours :mmmm

It is good fun but certainly different to riding solo's :beerjug:

maverick said:
First sidecar ever, bought it on fleabay and drove it down from N. Yorkshire in one go.....only took me 12 hours :mmmm

It is good fun but certainly different to riding solo's :beerjug:

You did a lot better than I did on my first ride where I ended up in a field after trying to lean the unit around a corner instead of steering it :eek:
Since then it has been great fun learning to control it, as it is so different to a car or a bike.
:beerjug:

Hew said:
You did a lot better than I did on my first ride where I ended up in a field after trying to lean the unit around a corner instead of steering it :eek:

Had a few scary moments where I thought going to end up in the fields :D The words "man handle" sure takes on a new meaning with these beasts :eek: It takes alot of hard work driving it through tight corners and did put in a railway sleeper in the rig for ballast :beerjug:

maverick said:
The words "man handle" sure takes on a new meaning with these beasts :eek: It takes alot of hard work driving it through tight corners and did put in a railway sleeper in the rig for ballast :beerjug:

My first ride on an outfit ended up with us in a field - sort of 'rights of passage' I guess :D

Once you get comfortable with the bike you won't have to 'man handle' it, not even in tight corners.

The secret is to use acceleration and breaking to make it turn, so, as your chair is on the 'wrong' side roll on the trottle into right handers and the bike will try to overtake the sidecar which will, in effect, help you turn right. When turning left, use engine breaking/a dab of rear brake to make the chair try and overtake the bike which will help you turn left.

Once you get the hang of that you'll be surprised just how manouverable the things can be.

Once you have mastered the above practice, drifting the back around left handers by entering a bend a bit too fast and 'snapping' the bars quickly to the left. You can then control the understeer with the throttle - NB this is not a 'stunt', it's an oft used and very smooth/quick way of getting around a bend.

Then.............you can practice lifting the chair on r/handers :thumb

BTW the most 'scary' thing you can have happen on an outfit is to have the back whell of the bike lift around a bend........... :eek:

Andres

PS All the above is obviously reversed on l/h chairs

Just found this old piccie.

The first bike I built myself, 840cc Halco tuned XS650 hardtail outfit. The best handling (and most uncomfortable :D ) outfit I have ever ridden :thumb

Andres
Ghostssml2.jpg

maverick said:
Had a few scary moments where I thought going to end up in the fields :D The words "man handle" sure takes on a new meaning with these beasts :eek: It takes alot of hard work driving it through tight corners and did put in a railway sleeper in the rig for ballast :beerjug:

These guys in Derby import them http://www.bemw.co.uk/view.asp?PID=CJ-001 £2600 each.

I was asking one of the guys about the brakes. He said they supply them they reline the brakes and fit Venhill cables, even then the bikes will only just get through the MOT :eek:

maverick said:

if anybody wants to see funny just ride behind mav when he breaks 60mph on that thing :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

im still trying to decide if he has balls of steel or is just plain crazy :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

Back
Top Bottom