Spanish Sim cards (where from)?

(RIP) Boxertools

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can I assume that I can get to Spain & buy a Sim card that will fit in my Vodaphone pay as you go phone?
Where would I buy one?
Do they have phone shops on every high street like that what we do?

And I suppose I would ask for something like a carte simm Espanole, but what is pay as you go in Spanish?

Muchas gracias in advance.

Miguel :D

judge said:
You know that bloke from Spain who PM'd you his mobile no.?

He'll know :thumb

Judge, It wasn't me he pm'd, it was the starter of that particular thread.
Whilst I was sure he wouldknow, I didn't want to be so forward as to ask directly :eek:

Mike.

Mick_rw said:
you going on holiday, I have just spent a week in France with an O2 PAYG which worked fine with out having to buy a SIM, with O2 you dial a UK number with out having to enter any international dialing codes. Would suggest you check with Vodaphone before you spend any money.. :D I have just had a look at O2 web site for Spain and the same rules apply there. :beerjug:

Mick,
I realise that I can use my phone in Spain, but I thought it would be cheaper to use a spanish card.
Also, I understand that if you recieve a call on you uk mob whilst in Spain, you pay to recieve it.
Besides that, I dont really want to be getting non holliday calls whilst there, but I do want to remain in contact with home and make calls within spain.

Thanks.

Hi there.

The pay as you go is called "tarjeta prepago".
You need your mobile unlock and it works.
Vodafone has something here and there called "passport" that it works pretty well. It is free but you need to activate it.
Basically they charge you at the begining, I thing, 75p and then they charge at your tariff rate,(the english one).
It means that if you call England from Spain they charge you those 75p and then the same thaty If you would be here.
It is good.

Cheers

oie said:
Hi there.

The pay as you go is called "tarjeta prepago".
You need your mobile unlock and it works.
Vodafone has something here and there called "passport" that it works pretty well. It is free but you need to activate it.
Basically they charge you at the begining, I thing, 75p and then they charge at your tariff rate,(the english one).
It means that if you call England from Spain they charge you those 75p and then the same thaty If you would be here.
It is good.

Cheers

Muchas gracias.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom