Stumpy/Limpy

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Stumpy has had an accident (no bike involvement, thankfully). Hopefully, he won't mind me letting you all know. He might also tell you himself what happened and give you a laugh about the nurses. What a guy! :D

Here's hoping Andy is back "on patrol" really soon :thumb

:beerjug:

Ronno

Hiya

All is well but I have had a slight incident. Yesterday morning walking out of Fiona's house to load the car I slipped off the last step and fell over on my ankle. It was nothing to do with my "false leg" just one of those things. I heard a crack and knew as I lay on the path it was not good. I laid on the ground for 5 mins just to gather my thoughts and calm down a wee bit, Crawled inside and grabbed the phone. I tried to call Fiona but she was in a meeting so with some reluctance I called 999. After a morning in hosipital I am now back at Fiona's in plaster. I have fractuted my tibea(spelling?) where it joins the ankle. Its all in place and not twisted so fairly straight forward. I may have to be in plaster for 6 weeks and there is a slight posibility I will need an op but I don't think so. I have no pain but feck me its hard getting around with my one good leg in plaster.

On a brighter note the Paramedics and I had a laugh when I was wheeled into A&E. I popped my false leg off and poked it out from under the blanket at an odd angle with the foot facing backwards while calmly chatting away. All the nurses couldn't quite take it in thinking I had a very bad break while seeming un-bothered by it all.

While Fiona was telling her workmates what happened one of them asked "which leg" she replied "Well he phoned from the hosipital not Halfords"

Anyway looks like I will be passing some of the time online

Stumpy

Andy

How many times have you been told......

......take more water with it. :D :D

What are ye like, you'll do anything for a wee skive. :rolleyes:

Hope you make a speedy recovery Andy.

Trix.

Bugger !! Sounds sore mate. :eek:

Better change yir sig line though. :D

Two wheels No leg No Worries

Na bad for a no legged fat man

Fixed it for ya.

I was looking forward to meeting you on the PWR, guess that put's you out. Get well soon mate.

:thumb

Bloody hell Stumps :eek:

Just shows the character ye have winding the Nurses up :thumb

Get well soon and I'm looking forward to yir Craic on the forum (note I didnae say crack) :D

Stumpy. I just told Louise and her sister your sad story and they are still laughing.
What should I do

Tough break Stumpy :nenau

Guess we wont be seeing you at tonights meeting?

Less falling over water for you sir methinks.

Take it easy & get back on board soon as you can.

TTFN

SteveT

Stumpy. I just told Louise and her sister your sad story and they are still laughing. What should I do

:D :D :D Join in Den

I know your're laughing at me not with me :D :D :D

Stumpy

Sorry to hear your news Stumpy :( - sh-t happens - but it's still sh-t :confused: , at least there's still a bit of humour in you. :rolleyes: .
Anyway, on a more serious note :bow - you won't be needing these two new bikes for a while and I was wondering....................... :D :D :D
Hope things go well - just start planning all next years trips :thumb

Cheers..............Grizzlies :beer: :beer:

stumpy said:
On a brighter note the Paramedics and I had a laugh when I was wheeled into A&E. I popped my false leg off and poked it out from under the blanket at an odd angle with the foot facing backwards while calmly chatting away. All the nurses couldn't quite take it in thinking I had a very bad break while seeming un-bothered by it all.

this made me laugh out loud :thumb very good.

hope you get well soon, Andy

Sorry to hear the bad news. :eek: At least you can have a laugh about it. Get well soon mate. :thumb :thumb

What terrible news.......

........I take it you'll be fit for work Tuesday afternoon................. :rob

Do I need to get a wheelchair ramp...........?

Cheers

Chris

AndyT said:
What a major downer just before the Aviemore Harley weekend too........Hopefully you will be back up on your foot again soon ;)

AndyT

Aviemore Harley Weekend? :ymca :eek:

I'm now wondering if Stumpy tripped coming out of the closet... :confused:

:D :D :D

Aye my tassles got twisted and down I went :ymca

Stumpy

Sorry to hear that Stumpy - hope your back on the bike soon :rob

Back
Top Bottom