Panniers

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
I have contacted those nice men at Moto Bins re panniers for the 650GS...here is the reply:-

The Hepco & Becker have proved to be more popular for the GS & PD machines.

Hepco frames in silver finish 69623C @ 97.50pounds ++ set
Recommended pannier Hepco 28ltr Benjamin 69831 @ 155.00pounds ++ pair. These are for riding 2 up.

If you ride solo then the alloy box's range each from 120.00pounds ++ to 175.00pounds ++.

Me again....:D

The thing is, what do the 'Benjamin' (suspect tilte !!) panniers look like. They are not on the Hepco site at all!!! Anyone any pics of there panniers on bike etc or recommendations?? Maybe the Alloys may be better!!

Cheers, Kenny:beerjug:

...and they are not getting the new GOBI panniers (they ARE on the www.hepco-Becker.de site) for another few weeks yet. They have been let down by Hepco time and again apparently.

So, anyone know where I can get the GOBI's as well?

I know I'm a pain in the arse but I have to get them fitted for 20th June rally 9 all that beer will weigh a kilo or two) !!

Kenny:
as you can see, the pannier rails and nipples are very unobtrusive when the panniers are not on the bike

Attachments

• f650gsa.jpg
    f650gsa.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 467
The fixings consist of just a simple bar hidden underneath the exhaust and a stud/nipple that screws into a ready made hole previously covered by a coloured disc.

Attachments

• f650gsb.jpg
    f650gsb.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 462
With the panniers in expanded touring mode they are wider than the handlebars

Attachments

• f650gsc.jpg
    f650gsc.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 453
They look very neat and tidy

Attachments

• f650gsd.jpg
    f650gsd.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 452
The handle lifts up . . . lift the left lever to release the red latch over the stud/nipple; push down on the yellow lever to open the cases; with the handle down it can be locked in place so that the case lid is locked and the case lockled to the bike.

Attachments

• f650gse.jpg
    f650gse.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 427
The cases are quicker on and off the bike than the standard 1150GS cases . . . two lobes/brackets hook over the bar and the latch is pressed down onto the stud.

Attachments

• f650gsg.jpg
    f650gsg.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 437
The size adjustment is very ingenious. Inside the cases are four latches/hooks that are undone very quickly and then the carcass can be slid in or out to make the cases thinner or fatter

Attachments

• f650gsf.jpg
    f650gsf.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 431
You can see the contrast between wide and slim (touring and city mode)

Attachments

• f650gsh.jpg
    f650gsh.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 428
In full "slim" mode

Attachments

• f650gsi.jpg
    f650gsi.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 414
Last one . . . very neat on the bike in "city" width . . .

Attachments

• f650gsj.jpg
    f650gsj.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 415
The wonders of the web..............it's all just a click away...........:rolleyes:

3 feckin days I've been looking for this! :mad:

Have a look at this Soft top bag & pannier system

You could always buy the top bag and have it sitting over the pillion seat & BMW panniers.

It's a bit pricey at £195 rrp - BMW pannier system is about £260 isn't it?

Ordered BMW panniers

Thanks to you all re the panniers.

Simon, took your advice and copying yours !!

Got genuine BMW because MotoBins (not their fault) were unable to clarify when I could receive the GOBI panniers ( the other Hepco one's are bog ugly!!)....and obviously needed them for the coming Welsh Rally :)

Kenny

Back
Top Bottom