Glencoe Rideout 1st June

AndyCam

Reaction score
What a cracking day!
By and large the weather was fine and dry and fairly warm. The venue was the Clachaig Inn on the single track road past Glencoe Village. Ian Lax and myself sauntered down on the old A9 and on arrival found Macdram, Mini Macdram and the Pict awaiting us.
Soon we were joined by the debonair Andy K, meaning that on this trip there were only 2 Andies.
They are filming the new Harry Potter film in the Glen and the Pict was very struck on living in the Wizards "Wee Hoosey"
The Inn is excellent! How about it as a venue for an early December B&B stopover and lashings of beer?
After lunch it was off and over Loch Linnie on the Corran Ferry, out to Strontian, along to GlennFinnan "where it rained) then up to Spean Bridge where we all bomb burst for home.
An excellent day, thanks for turning up and making it a cracker
I have attahed a few piccies to this and the other threads.

Attachments

• glencoe.jpg
    glencoe.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 225
Great idea having a club meet at the Clachaig. I spent four New Year's Eves in a row camping out behind the Inn and doing the Aonach Eagach ridge every New Year's Day come rain, shine, hail, snow, blizzard, or fog.
The old road to Fort William used to be open to bikes, don't know if it still is.
The "wee hoosey" built for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban is Hagrid's house . . . so it's not so "wee".

I must have just missed you all at the Clachaig. I was there for the weekend with a mate on his Tiger, we camped at the bunkbarn just down the road and did the 12 mile ridge walk/climb above Clachaig on Saturday.

You missed out on a good band in the pub on Saturday night!
Then again, I bet you didn't have to ride 380 miles home with splitting headache...

gutsi said:
I bet you didn't have to ride 380 miles home with splitting headache...

Aye, you'll have been drinking too much of that Aviemore Sheepshaggers Gold!!!!!.......

......or there again, maybe not enough of it!! :beer:

And for those who don't believe me about Sheepshaggers Gold, have a look here www.cairngormbrewery.com/taste_notes.htm

Back
Top Bottom