2610 or 2620

(RIP) Perryhill

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the 26xx range are now coming within my price range I wondered if anyone could highlight the pros and cons of the 2610 and 2620. I can see that the 2620 has a micro drive as opposed to cards, how well do they stand up to the vibration on a bike?
Hints and thoughts please :)

Perryhill said:
As the 26xx range are now coming within my price range I wondered if anyone could highlight the pros and cons of the 2610 and 2620. I can see that the 2620 has a micro drive as opposed to cards, how well do they stand up to the vibration on a bike?
Hints and thoughts please :)

I'd go with a 2610 as they are more friendley on bikes. Garmin did 2 versions of the 2620 the first having a 2.2gb microdrive which often failed when on use with a bike due to vibrations. they then used internal memory (possibly solid state ??) but to be safe i'd go with a 2610. not too sure how many have 2620's on here but people will let you know soon enough.

hope this helps. :thumb

Yup, the 2620 is said not to be vibration proof.

Get a 2610, they are good.

Cheers,
Michel

If you get a 512MB or larger Compact Flash card you can fit a lot of maps on them. I have the BMW Navigator 2 which is near-identical to the 2610 and use a 512MB CF card and I have most of Europe on it. If I had a 1MB or larger card then I reckon the maps for the whole of Europe would probably fit.

The screen is only 2D, but the navigation is excellent and the Mapsource software is superb for route planning once you get to grips with it.

I guess with the 2610 now discontinued, prices will settle down to the £250 mark for any left on the shelves...................or some greedy bastards will try to get as much as possible. :rolleyes:

Steve said:
BASTARDS!!! :spitfire It was £299 two weeks ago when I bought mine... :(
Count yourself lucky - it was £520 when I bought mine just 8 months ago. :eek

Still a fantastic bit of kit mind you. :thumb

Steve said:
I'd be inclined to pay a bit extra and go for a Sandisk.

Got a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II for £25 off ebay.

I dunno, more money than sense some people, I blame Ewan and Charley, bloomin' rich gits :D

Back
Top Bottom