AIRHEAD OFF ROADING IN WALES

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's been suggested I have a thread in the Airhead section for this event so here's the plan.

A full days off roading on Saturday 23rd Sept. Starting 10AM latest.
The route will not be too technical, this will depend on the weather to a certain extent, but where difficult there will be an easier option (Kenny :p )

So, I'll provide accomodation in varying degrees of comfort, from fairly uncomfortable to feckin miserable.

No not really :p I should have the use of a nice caravan that's parked here plus floor space, barns, tent or if anyone wants to be antisocial or is bringing some totty I could find them a local B+B :rolleyes: .

Anyone arriving on Friday could join me in an evening bimble before the pub etc.

We can knock up breakfast at my place or go to a cafe nearby.

Saturday after the ride, you can use my shower, but Tina says clean your own pubes from the plug 'ole :nenau then there's a great pub for food and perhaps a half :beer: ;) a couple of miles away.

If anyone wants more, we can do another route on Sunday :cool:

Bikes can be washed off here and parked under cover.

I know there are some of you who have already expressed an interest so I could do with some numbers please. :)

AS the Moderator here, I think it's only right I get first shout of any luxury accomodation ( and not with that smelly three legged mut you have in the barn !!)

Looking forward to it :thumb

More details of where?

I'll just have gotten back from Cornwall on family holiday, so if I come I'll just come down for the day. So can you give us a clue about where we'll meet and which area we'll ride round?

Ta

Simon

sorebums said:
I'll just have gotten back from Cornwall on family holiday, so if I come I'll just come down for the day. So can you give us a clue about where we'll meet and which area we'll ride round?

Ta

Simon

We'll meet at Druid, three miles west of Corwen.

There are some great trails nearby which will lead us to Bala, then turn off road to Llangynog take track to Llandrillo over the Wayfarers etc. etc

Anyone wanting more on Sunday and we'll ride the tracks between Druid and Betws y Coed to the south of the A5 returning on tracks and lanes to the north :thumb

Kenny said:
AS the Moderator here, I think it's only right I get first shout of any luxury accomodation ( and not with that smelly three legged mut you have in the barn !!)

Don't you talk about Tina like that :D :eek:

Were getting quite a few together now, including a couple of imposters :D
I'll post more details etc in the next day or so. :thumb

Sounds like a good weekend.
I only have two problems with it -

I'm on nights :(

and

I haven't got an airhead :( :(

Have fun.

The ordeals I'm putting myself through for you lot :D

When it finally stopped raining I went straight out from the house on the DR to recce the route in a bit more detail, if the mist comes down it can be 'interesting' ;)

Attachments

• recce 1.JPG
    recce 1.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 381
I'm going to start needing numbers for those staying overnight on Fri/Sat for sleeping arrangements and whether we have breckie here or elsewhere.

I'll post the coordinates for the entrance of the track to my house soon, my mobile is 07967 301096

The first big section of the route is very pretty and hardly used.
This is some of the easier ground :thumb Photo taken with my phone :eek:

....But there will be something for everyone, even Casey :eek:

Attachments

• recce 2.JPG
    recce 2.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 355
timolgra said:
I'm going to start needing numbers for those staying overnight on Fri/Sat for sleeping arrangements and whether we have breckie here or elsewhere.

I'll post the coordinates for the entrance of the track to my house soon, my mobile is 07967 301096

The first big section of the route is very pretty and hardly used.
This is some of the easier ground :thumb Photo taken with my phone :eek:

....But there will be something for everyone, even Casey :eek:

Even that grassy bank looks a tad to steep for me Tim :eek: I'll walk behind you lot, probably be quicker as well ;)

Hayden and me staying Friday and Saturday ( guest bedroom for me please...cottton sheets).......and don't friggin forget I'm a nice polite vegetarian :thumb

saturday only

Tim,
I'll be coming for saturday only. Will meet you at the start and/or brekkie place if not at your place. :thumb

judge said:
Wimping out all together - too hard core at the front :( and too close to Kenny light fingers at the rear! :D

Now once I've done Steptoe's Off Road for beginners I just might fancy it next time :thumb

Go on Judge...........you know you want to, we'll help you out or if it gets too hard you can ride my airhead and i'll take the PD........then all you've got to do is sit on it and 'twist & go', let the bike do the hardwork

Yes don't wimp out like that Andy, Tina wants to come on her DR 125 (no photos though :eek: )

We're just about to go and ride some of the route now :thumb

The routes' coming together nicely now with very little tarmac. Some water, some tricky bits, muddy bits, rocky bits, fast bits and nice places to stop for a breather.....

.....but she refuses to take her clothes off and still says things like " I can't believe you did that"! :D

Attachments

• tina bridge.JPG
    tina bridge.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 218

Back
Top Bottom